3. A Liar

You pry your eyes open, though you don't remember closing them. Purple light stabs at your eyes, fuzzy dark shapes stand tall in front of you.

As you vision focuses, you make out two of those purple people. Fear throbs through you, but you push it down. Fear won't help anything.

Your arms are held above you. You make an attempt at pulling them down to your side; your muscles ace. They're held in place, however. You're feet don't touch the ground even though you're upright.

You move your head to figure out what's holding them. Pounding in your head picks up, making you wince. Some weird glowing ring is pinning your arms to a table-type-thing.

You snap your gaze down and see that you won't be moving your legs anytime soon. Then you go back to tracking the purple people as they move around.

You swallow thickly, throwing all fearful thoughts to the back of your mind. "What are you?" You fought to get the words out, crushing dread and anxious thoughts were sewing your mouth shut.

One of the cat-purple people look up at you. It's yellow gaze sends ice down your spine. Their eyes have a similar yellow glow to that of the lion. Perhaps they're connected? Maybe they just wanted it back? Like a lost pet?

"She's awake," he hums to the 'person' behind him.

"What are you?" You question again.

The guy doesn't respond; just creeps closer to you. The urge to run is overwhelming. "Where are the rest of you?" He hisses, voice gruff.

"Rest of who?"

"Alteans!" He tells angrily.

"I don't know who they are," you quake slightly. You notice the person flip a switch in the background. A split second later, electricity is shooting through you. A scream  rushes out of you ad pain graces every nerve of your body.

It stops a second later, and your head drops in exhaustion for a moment. You bring it back up, you can't let them see you weak.

"Bullshit." The guy growls, "You are Altean-how do you not know where they are?"

"I don't know what Altean means," you grunt, breath burning your in lungs.

"Then we can keep doing this."

"I don't know what you want!"

Another shock crashes into your body, ripping through your veins. Another scream, you squeeze your eyes shut.

It feels like someone's hammering inside your head-- the pounding is so painful. You pass out.