22. Practice Makes Perfect...Right?

You stood in a large room in your armor, your teammates around you in a circle. Coran started giving instructions from the speaker about defending your friends from a swarm of drones.

Suddenly a blue tinted shield popped out of the cuff on your left forearm. It startled you which made you yelp quite loudly. Behind you, Pidge snickered.

        "Oh hush!" You snap back at her. When you glance over your shoulder she sticks her tongue out at you. You take a breath to retort, when there's a rush of air.

       You glance back, Shiro has an arm extended over you, blocking a beam from a drone. "Careful there," he warned gently.

      Smiling, you thanked him. As you blocked two shots, you saw Hunk duck from the corner of you eye. Pidge was hit in the back, and then suddenly dropped into a dark hole.

       You laughed loudly. "How's that for ya'?" You were weak with laughter, but somehow managed to keep things going for a bit longer. Hunk was out next, so the rest of you pushed more tightly together.

       Keith and Lance began bickering about something. You ignored it and tried to focus. The giggles died down as the drones got lower. You followed.  Only, Lance didn't.

       A shot flew right past his shoulder and into Keith's back. Half a scream left his mouth as he fell away. "Speeding up intensity." Coran stated.

       The rate of fire picked up fast. For some reason, you were starting to feel afraid. Like you were going to die. You couldn't move anymore, you were too scared. What was this?

       A flash of purple hits your vision. Suddenly your standing in a huge room, filled with different kinds of monsters. There's a tray in your hand, you use it as a shield.

       There's food on the ground, and the monsters stare at you in shock. Your pushed back as pressure is repeatedly pressed onto the tray. Shots?

       You sense a presence behind you, but instead of feeling afraid, you feel protective of it. You turn to see what it is-

       And then it's over. You're falling. There's no purple, no monsters, no stench of strange food. Just black. You hit something soft, and then there's white and blue. And a little red?

       You sit up off the push cousin under you, to see Keith holding out his hand. You take it and he pulls you up. He leads you out of the room you fell into as you try to put things together.

      "Why'd you freeze like that?" He asks. You're eyes linger on your hands for a moment, panic and confusion overtaking you. "I- i don't-"

       There was something missing in your memory. Something more happened to you when you were with the Galra. 

       What didn't you remember?

        Why didn't you remember?