27. Flower Queen

It wasn't hard to find the paladins outside of the castle. There were shouts of joy and cheering coming not too far away from where the bridge ended. You could make out you friend's voices as you rounded a corner. A small village came into view, little creatures scurrying between primary color clad friends. 

       A few of them perked up as you approached, pointing a sea-shell dagger at you with caution. Keith, not far from you, noticed the hostility towards you. He tried getting closer, but the many small bodies made it hard for him. 

      You smiled, definitely not taking the small alien seriously. "I'm friends with them." You keeled down to his height as Keith showed up. "She is friends with the lion goddess." He explained to the creature. It suddenly dropped the dagger, bowing instantly. "I am sorry," 

      "It's okay," You laughed, "You didn't know." Standing back up, you turned towards Keith. "What's going on?" You whispered. 

       "They think Voltron is a lion goddess and are throwing us a party-" He was cut off as a small feminine alien tugged on your pant leg lightly. Questioningly, you glanced down. The creature gently pulled your hand down to her height, shyly placing a string of flowers in your palm. 

       Eyes lighting up, you thanked her as she scampered away. You grinned widely while placing thew flower crown on your head. "How do I look? Like a flower princess?" 

      Keith wouldn't meet your eyes and took a deep breath. "Like a flower queen." He mumbled, hesitantly. You laughed, sticking your tongue out at him. "Did Lance teach you how to flirt?" You teased. "Like I'd ask him for help!" 

       "Okay, flower king." You tossed some petals from the surrounding flowers at him. He jerked in surprise before sweeping some up with his fingers. "You're gonna wish you never started this!" 

       "What the heck is going on over there...?" Lance shouted to Hunk, who was standing beside him. The two of them were staring at the flower fight that Keith and {y/n} were having. "Lance, you don't sound intimidating at all when you say 'heck'" Hunk taunted around a stick of alien food in his mouth. 

      He dragged the wooden stick out of his mouth, complacently cleaning it of food. "They're obviously into each other." 

      "What?" Lance gasped. "Keith? {Y/N}? Never, not in a million years!" 

     "Okay, sure Lance. Just remember that I called it."