17. It Never Stops

"You must be [y/n]?" A soft female voice weaves into the area holding your lion. For the past half hour you'd turned the cockpit upside down trying to find any suggestions that your mother could've been in that lion.

     It was bothering you, the thought of the Galra and the weight of what you had to do and your mother. So you resolved to solve what you could.

You didn't turn to greet her, you were too invested in the crown sitting before your cross-legged form. "Allura, right?" You ask, voice distant.

"They mentioned you might be altean?" She asked lightly. You flinched at the word. "I'm human, from earth. I just got some condition from my mom," you explained. "And I think she had flown the white lion."

You glanced up to see Allura on her knees beside you. When you made eye contact your blood ran cold. "You-you look just like...my-mother." You searched her face.

Allura had the same pink under her eyes, the same nose, skin color, hair type as your mother. Why did this alien look like your mom?

"[y/n]," Allura said softly with a wide grin on her face. "You're Altean!"

"I'm...I'm half...?"

"You are!" Allura launched to her feet dragging you with her. "I didn't think that they were right but you- I have to tell Coran!"

Suddenly you were smiling and just as the girl was going to drag you off, a loud ring of the crown hitting the floor stopped her.

"What was that?" She peeked around your side. "My mother had a crown-it was in the lion-" you stopped mid sentence because Allura had scooped it up off the ground and was starting heartbroken.

"My sister...she flew the white lion. This is her crown."

"That can't be," you tried to reason, "no my mothers had it all her life, there's not way that's your sisters."

"Your mothers name-was it-?"

"[y/m/n]." You two said together.

As your heart sank Allura's whole world brightened. "We have to get her! Oh my god I thought she- my sister- you're-" Allura places a palm on your cheek. "You're my family." You wouldn't meet her eyes. "We have to get her!"

"We can't-she-she died. Allura I'm sorry."

And then you saw Allura's whole world crumble right under her feet with those few words.