28. Begin The Fight

"Keith!" You yelped, unease creeping through you. Keith turned his gaze to you, dusting off pastel petals. "What is it?" He sounded more panicked than you.

"I- I think we should..." Keith followed your gaze to a fire-red streak in the sky. He stiffened with shock for a moment, and turned to the other paladins. "Get to your lions!"

The creatures scrambled back into the shelter of their homes, streaming past you. You tried to breathe calmly, but you began to panic. Your lion was still back at the castle, what if you couldn't get there in time?

What if someone got hurt?

"Keith!" You called over the yelps of the creatures. "My lion is still back at the castle!" Keith didn't seem fazed by it. He held out his hand. "Come with me, then."

You grinned as he led you through the throng of aliens. The other paladins were climbing inside their lions. Allura ushered the creatures towards a cave nearby for shelter.

The red lion crouched, unhinging it's jaws to allow Keith in. Just as you took a step forward to follow him, a flash of white separated you.

Looking up, you saw your lion staring down at you. Though you were glad it see it, it was very convenient. Perfect timing. You thought bitterly. The lion opened its mouth to allow you inside.

"You guys ready?" Keith called over the intercom. You settled into your seat. Lance chimed in, "What are we waiting for? Let's go."

"Careful, Lance." You said, "We don't know what that thing is, or if it's dangerous."

"Oh come on. Everything we've come across since we left earth has been dangerous." Lance retorted.

"Not everything." Hunk joined the conversation. "Allura and Coran weren't dangerous. Neither were the creatures."

"Guys! Hurry up! Pidge and Shiro could be in danger." Keith's lion glanced back from where it was standing in front of the rest of you. You ushered your lion forward, the other two lions hard on your trail.

You flew over a ridge, and came across a dusting clearing lined with steep hills and mountains. The green and black lions were attempting to fight off a large robot.

It was very human like, with piercing eyes. Shiro's lion was latched onto this body, biting at whatever was in reach. The green lion was recovering from a fall.

The creature shook Shiro off and aimed a glowing purple ball towards Pidge. In an instant, your lion dived towards hers. You crashed into her hard and knocked her away from the projectile.

Once you bother we're clear you turned back to see what else might be coming your way. Keith's lion was flying around the robot, drawing its fire.

Lance was firing an icy beam at it's midsection, while hunk rammed into its side. The team threw comments around about the date they were in, if they needed help and all that. You kept quiet, though. You were concentrating hard.

Quick as lighting, you slashed your lion's claws down the robot's back and ducked away before it could rear on you. As you went in again, this time aiming for its face, Shiro called to you.

"We need voltron!"