20. Antics

"And how exactly do we do that?" Hunk questioned. The group of paladins gave Allura a curious stare. The girl merely shrugged her shoulders, "I'm not sure, but you'll figure it out!" She then shooed them off to their lions.

     You couldn't help but feel that the ride to your lion's hangar was unnecessarily long. The whole thing took more that ten minutes, as you slid through tunnels and sped down hallways in some futuristic go-kart.

      It was finally worth it though, to see your lion again. For some reason you felt a sort of pull, a connection of sorts with the lion. You didn't know what it was, but all the other paladins must've felt it too?

     You shrugged it off as your lion lazily opened its mouth to let you in. "Good morning girl," you smiled, your seat moving up to the controls. A large door opened up and your lion flew through and around the castle.

     You spotted your teammates and their lions on the bridge and flew down to them. As you arrived beside them, you finally got the change to compare your lion to theirs.

     Yours was between Keith and Pidge's hight wise. You lions tail was much longer than the others, much thicker too. Also you noticed that your lion's claws seemed much larger than the rest.

     "Couldn't they park these things a little closer to the castle?" Hunk asked, his heavy duty lion crashing down beside the rest of the team.

      You opened your mouth to give a snarky comment when Shiro's voice spoke over the intercom. "Alright guys, lets fly in tight formation."  He ordered.

      Shiro took off first, then you Keith and Pidge followed. You were right behind Shiro and in between the two arms. Then Hunk and Lance followed suit.

      The group nodded, excitement filling every one of you. The first five minutes you were still pumped, but it dwindled quickly. After half an hour, you were yawning. You never could quote stay awake.

      Since you'd gotten back from the Galra, you'd been much more tired. Of course you just brushed it off. "Is everyone bonding and focusing?" Shiro asked, annoyed. It jolted you from you sleep induced daze.

      Each of the group members muttered a yes. "This obviously isn't working." Pidge sighed. "What if we literally build Voltron? From the ground up?" Keith asked.

      You snickered. Not because you didn't like the poor kid, but because it was kind of silly. Clearly, Lance thought so too. "You mean like a cheerleader pyramid?"

      Sure enough, that's where the lot of you ended up. Literally stacked on top of one another. Only something felt off. Pidge was acting as a leg, Shiro as a weird middle ground of arm and chest and Hunk as a head.

      "Hunk, what're you doing?" Shiro asked.

      "What do you mean?"

      "You're a leg- over there."

      "Are you sure? I thought last time I was the head."

      "You yelled I'm a leg." Lance chimed in.

      "I was yelling a lot of things."

       "Shiro's the head!" Snapped Keith, like an aggressive emo.

      "All the time?" Hunk asked.

      "Let's just try it my way, for now." Shiro responded, like a certified Dad. You could hear Pidge's face planing over the intercom. You just rested your head on your arms, snickering at the antics.