18. Im here

The next few days you were walking on eggshells around Allura. Everyone was. She was distant and quiet, even towards Coran and her mice. You couldn't help but feel her sadness.

There was so much for you to process. You felt like you were losing yourself, like you're a different person. You weren't even human. You didn't know what you were. Some human-alien hybrid?

At first, the thought disgusted you. Why couldn't you just be you? Why couldn't you just be human? Why did you have to fly these stupid fucking lions?

Somehow, the group had noticed that you're shock had transitioned to anger. None of them knew what to do about it.

One particular day something just snapped in you. All that anger had been bottled up and it just flooded out of you. Keith had been teaching you hand to hand combat and placed you on your own against a robot.

You tore it to shreds. The poor thing didn't even land at hit as you straddled it. "Hey, it's down." Keith said from behind you. You didn't stop punching it.

"[y/n], you won." Keith called again, louder and more commanding this time. When you didn't stop he ran over to you and the robot. He grabbed you by the waist and hoisted you off the robot.

He sat you down a few feet from it, and your eyes were still blazing. Keith crouched down to you, "What's up?"

"Nothings up." Your red dropped to your hands. They were bloody from the torn metal. It stung. So did your eyes.

"You don't beat something like that on a good day." Keith's eyes were soft for once. He genuinely wanted to help and you could sense that.

"I don't want to be Altean. I don't want to save the universe. I know it's selfish and all but I just want to go home and be a kid! It feels like I haven't been able to breathe since my mom died. I always have to watch over Dad now. I can't remember the last time I wasn't stressing."

Keith frowned at the weight of your words. "I get you. I've been on my own in the dessert before this. Honestly, I'd rather be back there. But you've got us here for you. You don't have to been tough all the time anymore. If anything, I've got you."

For some reason, you couldn't find The words 'thank you' so instead you wrapped your arms around Keith. He smiled.

When you pulled back, he hesitated. It was as if he wanted to kiss you. But no, he couldn't like you like that right?

Even if he did, this wasn't a time for puppy love. The thought saddened you.