I

-Caroline-

I feel like I can't breathe. Looking up at the school with dread and regret. I look over to my only friend, Samantha.

  "Why couldn't I just be home schooled?"I sighed. She laughed at me but she knew I was serious. "Because then you wouldn't see my beautiful face everyday"

  I giggled slightly and looked back at the school. At least it's senior year, I'm almost done in this hell. "Maybe it will be different this year," Sammy said. I let out a full on laugh.
    " you really think you know who, is gonna let that happen?" She knew what I was talking about and rubbed the back of her head awkwardly.  We both released a sigh and kept walking into North Salem High School.

    Some people waved and were being nice and others didn't even look my way and if they did they snarked in my direction. The usual reaction to me. Sammy grabbed my hand and I smiled. We aren't dating but we are the classic lesbians that aren't lesbians. I'm straight and so is she. We both like guys but if they fail us we are gonna date each other.

  Samantha has been my friend since 2nd grade and is the only person that makes me not want to kill myself (theoretically speaking). If it wasn't for her I would have no friends. By the way, I'm Caroline Marshall. I'm 17 going on 18 and I just want to go to college and start my life already. Get the hell away from Salem.

  "What does your schedule look like Care?" Sam asked. I looked down at the piece of paper with my death wish on them. She snatched it out of my hand and compared classes. "We have history together but that's it; you're on your own from there," I sighed. At least I had her in one class. My schedule looked like this:
(We sadly have 6 periods)

English
History
Vocal Chorale (voice chorus)
Calc
Bio
Free period.

At least I had a free period. One less class in hell. I internally smiled at that. I think I'm funny. "I'll see you in second?" Sam said. It was more of a statement but I just waved her goodbye. I sighed and walked to English. Ms Kearns, one of the newer teachers who I personally think is the best. She moved up this year so I have her for English 12. Finally some peace.

  I waved at Ms Kearns and she smiled. "I'm happy to have you in my class again Ms. Marshall. How was your summer?" I answered her with a shrug of the shoulders and took my seat in the back like usual. She smirked at me as I pulled out a pen and paper and got ready for class. I guess you can say I'm the role model of a student. My ear buds went in my ears as soon as people started piling into the room. I hate socializing, only because nobody even wants to socialize with me. High schoolers are so cruel now a days.

  Over top of my music playing I could hear a group of people come loudly into the room with laughter. I rolled my eyes and looked to see who the were. My mouth might have dropped when I saw him. Please god no. I can't do this. Not this year. Maybe he will ignore me. Maybe he grew up over the summer. I kept my head down and started writing the date on my paper just to look busy. My pen and paper where knocked from my desk only moments later. My heart sunk. I looked up and there he was. The spawn of evil himself.

  "Hey Carrie! Have a good summer? I missed picking on my favorite nerd." He spoke. I moved my gaze down to my hand in my lap and he scoffed up a laugh and bumped into my desk as he passed. Please sit far away from me. To my dismay he sat right behind me and already started kicking my desk.

"Mr. Charnas. Do I have to write you up already?" Ms. Kearns said. He laughed and went back to socializing with his friends. Yup. Spencer Charnas still hates me and will probably make this year a living hell in the hallways.

- this was a short entree chapter to the story. What do you think?? Let me know in comments thanks
~lex