XV

-Caroline-
-3 months later-

     " You asshole! You didn't call me last night," I giggle into the phone. My hands are currently tangled in a mixing bowl. I am making cookies for my mom. She is actually currently in a rehab trying to fix her drinking habit. It is Monday and I always visit her on Monday's. I am so happy to see her trying.

      "I'm sorry sweets, I got off stage last night and crashed. My phone was in the living space," Spencer laughs in the phone. We have been dating for officially 5 months, which is not a long time but I'll call it a win. Spencer has been on tour for the last month and a half and it's been hard. Our relationship is still new and this long distance is a true test. We have been doing fine with the multiple phone calls a week and always texting. Spencer sends me a ton of pictures from traveling the globe and having fun with his dream. Graduation is next week and Spencer and I will still be graduating side by side. He has been doing all his school work online because I told him he isn't allowed to just drop out. 

     "So how was the show last night? Any fan girls I have to watch out for?" Spencer laughs at my question. I can hear his smile through the phone and I miss his face. "What did I tell you a month ago?" I roll my eyes, fully knowing that he can't see me. When Spencer left for tour... I may or may not had a mental breakdown. My hands run through my hair nervously at my own thoughts. 

~Flashback TIME~

 (nobody's POV)

   Caroline is holding her head in her hands as Spencer informs her about his 3 month tour. She is so happy for him but saddened by the fact that he won't be there with her.  She looks up from her hands, "What about graduation and the 5th?"  

       Sighs come from Spencer's mouth and he looks away from her awkwardly. "Well, I was planning on dropping out; and do not worry about the 5th. I will be here." Caroline's face churns into a shocked face. "You can't just drop out! That's 12 years of your life that you'll be throwing away." 

      "I can try to do the classes online in the school lets me. You're right, I shouldn't just throw that away."  Caroline let out a sigh of relief but was still saddened by him leaving. She looked back down in her lap with her head in her hands. Spencer's hand finds the small of her back and rubs lightly, trying his hardest to comfort her. Caroline's head rises slightly and looks up at Spencer with tear filled eyes. He looks at her with regret. Caroline chokes out, "Are we going to be okay?" 

        Spencer grabs her small figure and pulls her into a longing hug. Tears finally have fallen from her eyes. This was going to stress their relationship and put it to the test and this frightened Caroline. She couldn't lose another person in her life. She had already fallen head over heals for Spencer. She was scared. "Please don't leave me for another. I don't think I could lose another person in my life," Caroline feels herself picked up and fully facing Spencer. He looks at her with a serious expression. She looks away from his gaze. "Look at me Care,"

      She locks her eyes with him and he starts, "I am not leaving you. I will never leave you alone ever again. I am always here with you... Even if I am hours and miles away. I will love you and treat you the way you should have been in the beginning. I will come back to you, Caroline," That was all she needed to hear 

(Back to Now)

      My mind came out of my memories from almost two months ago and I smiled. "I remember what you said... trust me," Spencer sighed out a laugh. I finish making the batter for the cookies and roll them into little balls and place them on a baking sheet. "What are you doing today?" He asks me. 

      I opened the oven, set the baking sheet inside and set a timer for 15 minutes. " I am currently making cookies and I am going to see mama today," A elongated 'Oh' came through the phone. "Is it Monday already?" he asks. A small giggle came from my mouth and I nodded, even though he can't see me. We continued to talk for probably an hour and I loved every minute of it. Each phone call is usually an hour, unless we talk at night. When we talk at night we usually end up falling asleep on the phone. I pull the cookies off the cooling rack and put them into a plastic container for my mom. 

      "Hey babe, I am going to get off the phone here. I am getting ready to go see my mom," I say as I through on my jacket.

      "Okay, I may not be able to talk tonight because we have a meet n greet after the show." He tells me. I can hear some shuffling in the background. He must have walked into the living area now. 

"Okay Spence, I'll talk to you tomorrow," I said

"Okay Care, I'll talk to you tomorrow," I hear the guys in the background noise of the phone. 

" I love you, Bye." The phone line goes dead. I look down at my phone in utter shock. I was left speechless and stunned. 

  I was finally able to snap out of my state of shock. "What the hell did he just say to me?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Lovely's!!!

I am so sorry for not updating for like 6 months. I suck I know. But life has been hectic but I AM BACK!!! THE STORY IS NO LONGER ON HOLD!! YAYAYAYAYAYYA. I probably won't update every week but I am going to try again. I am also rewriting this story to help make it a little better. SO... i will be editing chapter and i will let everyone know when i am done so you can go reread. Thank you for all the support still to this day! PLEASE KEEP VOTING AND SHARING WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!!!

-lex