VIII

-Caroline-

  About an hour after I got home Spencer knocked on my door. I debated on letting him but sadly I did open the door. We have been sitting on my bed working on our project and not a word came from us. He looked at me a couple times but nothing straying from the project. I appreciated that he wasn't talking to me because I really want to punch him in the face. How do you kiss someone and then harass them the next day? Only Dickhead Charnas... I giggled to myself probably sounding like a manic. That's his new contact.

  "Something funny?" He asked with a confused look.  Yeah you're a dickhead. I didn't say anything and I kept typing on my computer. He sighed and threw the paper behind him.

   "I'm bored. I don't want to do this anymore," he said. I rolled my eyes.

   "Well if your done then you can leave," I said simply. I don't want him in this house any longer than he has to be.

"But I don't want to leave. I like your presence," I laugh at him. "I don't like your presence. So if you're done, you can leave,"

Nothing is said between the two of us. We go back to our work and don't talk for a little while longer. The silence was interrupted by my stomach growling.

"Want to order some pizza?" Spencer asked. I shrugged
"What ever you want to do," I said quietly and continue to type. He sighs and pulls out his phone and orders pizza.

"You want pepperoni?" I nod and again don't say anything. I don't know what to say to him. I don't like him and I don't want to talk to him. He confuses me. One minute he is kissing me and the next he is bullying me and I don't know how to cope with it. He finished ordering the pizza and looked at me.

"Why aren't you talking at all?" He asked. I shrugged

"I don't have anything to talk to you about," I simply say. He nods. My phone vibrates and it catches me off guard. I grab it and see an unknown number.

*unknown*

Hey it's Conor. I wanted to see if you wanted to catch a movie sometime.

I smile. Conor wants to see a movie... with me. Why?

"Who's that?" Spencer says. He has a hint of something in his voice.... it kind of sounds like jealously; but why would it be that.

"None of your business," I say and text him back.

*Care*
Hey Conor I would love to. When?

Next thing I know I feel Spencer's head on my shoulder. I push his head off and look at him like he is crazy.

"What the hell are you doing?" He looks pissed now.

"You're talking to Conor?" There was frustration in his voice and I didn't know how to take it.

"Yeah, why do you care?" I ask him confused. My phone vibrates again and Spencer grabs my phone from my hand.

"You can't talk to him," who the fuck is he to tell me what I can and can not do!?

"Yes I can; Now give me my phone Spencer," I say reaching for my phone. He plays keep away with me and I start to get frustrated.

"No you can't talk to him because I said so and you are mine," I stop everything I'm doing and look at him like he is crazy. Because apparently he is.

"What? You kiss me one time and then bully me the next day and that makes us something. You sure are fucking crazy Charnas," I grab my phone out of his hand. "Now get out of my house before I call the police," he looks shocked at the entire thing that he said. He grabs his stuff and gets up and leaves. I look at the door he just walked out of and say nothing. I can't comprehend what just happened. I'm his? No I'm not. Hey he kissed me but that doesn't mean I'm some kind of property.

I look down at my phone and see Conor's text.

*Conor*
Tomorrow night sound good?

I text him back right away.

Sounds good.

——————————————-
*the next night*

I flatten out the grey shirt I'm wearing and look over myself in the mirror. My eyeliner is winged slightly and I'm wearing a clear chapstick on my lips. I look nice and I feel nice. Conor is taking me out to a movie tonight and I am excited for it. I've never been on a date. I fix my little locket around my neck and look at the time. It's 7:50. Conor is supposed to be here at 8 and we are going to see a horror movie and I'm really excited.

I started walking down the step only to hear the doorbell ring. Perfect timing! I go to open the door and much to my dismay it's not Conor it was Spencer.

"What are you doing here?" I asked he looked me up and down. I slightly blush. Is he checking me out?

" I thought I would come over and we could finish the paper but you look like your going somewhere," I laugh.

"Well normal people tell the person whose house they are going over that they are coming over and not just show up," I say, irritated. I see Conor pull up in his car and step out of the car. Spencer turns around and his posture changes. Him and Conor look at each other awkwardly.

"Hey Spencer," Conor said. Spencer nods to him and doesn't say anything. I look at Conor with a look explaining that I have no clue why he is here.

"I have to get going. Next time you want to finish the project... tell me you're coming. Goodnight Spencer," I say and walk to Conor and out to his Car. We get in the truck and Spencer is looking at us with a weird look. Like he lost. "What was all that about?" Conor asks me. I look at him and smile.

"I have no clue," I say honestly. Why did he just show up? Why did he look so upset? Anyway, I can't think about this. I look at Conor.

"Ready to see Halloween II?" He ask excited. I smile "Hell Yeah, lets go!" He drives off and we head towards the movie.

——————————————
*after the movie*

Conor is driving me home after a very nice night out and a good movie.

"Jamie Lee Curtis is such a great actress!" I say and Conor nods in agreement to me.

"I didn't know you are such a horror movie fanatic," He says with a smile on his face. I nod and look at my house. We just pulled up.

"Hey, I had a really good night. I hope we can do this again," I nod and go to open the door. Conor grabs my hand and kiss it. I blush and thank him and get out of the car. His car spins off as soon as I reach my front door. A smile is caked on my face as I get in my house. My mom was standing in the kitchen with a beer in her hand which instantly killed the smile.

"Hey!!! How was your night out you hoe," I sigh and try to walk up the steps. "What guy was it tonight? The hot emo stud or someone else from you class," I turn to her.

"Please not tonight. I've had a really good night and I want it to en....." I was cut off to a punch in the face. I don't know why it surprises me anymore. I should be used to it.

"Don't back talk me whore," I get another slap/punch to the head and she continues hitting on me. I put my hands up to try to protect my face but she continues. "PLEASE STOP," I say crying out. She keeps throwing swings at me and I get past her and run into my room. I lock the door and put my body against it. She is there knocking in my door... or more like pounding on my door.

Tears are pouring down my face. I feel numb but I feel the ache all over from her punches. I cry in my lap and her knocks soon stop and she retreats downstairs. All I could do is cry. I mean what else am I supposed to do? There is a shuffle from the other side of my room and I look up with a scared look on my face. I look to where the noise came from. There I see his face. Those hazel eyes looking back at me with despair and shock.

"Spencer?"

_________________

HEY GUYS! I'm not dead I promise! Sorry I have been so busy lately. I am in college and it's a hectic time right now so getting the chance to update has been hard. My birthday is Thursday and I'm going home so I'm going to try to update tomorrow because I might not get the chance this weekend. Thank you guys for still voting and leaving comments. Feel free to share this story with other people and tell me what you think of this chapter!!! Thank you guys!!

-lex