IV

-Caroline-

The crunchy sound of my brush running through my tangled hair could be heard throughout my room. I'm attempting to not look like garbage for this concert tonight. I want to let go and finally not be the weird one. I throw my ebony hair into a tight pony and actually put in makeup... and by putting on makeup I mean some powder, mascara, and chapstick. Yeah, I know I'm boring but I just don't think I need it, you know?

"HELLO?!" I could hear Sam hell from down stairs. She just walks in at this point in our friendship. "Up here" I yell back. I look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a little white V-neck with a black skater skirt. Kinda cute, kinda edgy. (She don't even know) with some fishnets and my Docs. Sammy enters my room and looks over my outfit.

"Cute... yet classy," she says as she plops in my bed.

I smile, "Where's Jake?" I see her texting in my mirror. "He's meeting us there," I grab my little red backpack with my keys and wallet and turn to her.

"I'm ready," she smiles and got up and walks out of the room. We pass through the living room finding my mother passed out with the bottle in her hand and we both ignore it. Thank god Sammy understand. We hop in her black little Chevy and make our way.

"So... I guess that's not getting any better?" I sigh and give her that 'bitch you know' look. She rolls her eyes. Sammy has been around forever but like most people she doesn't understand why I give my mother the time of day anymore. Sometimes you have to take the hits and go with the flow of the world and what cards it has dealt you. I turn on her radio and plug in to the AUX. Clairvoyant by the story so far comes on. Sammy groans, "Why are you always playing that depressing shit. Come on we gotta get pumped." she cheers as she gets onto the highway.

" I'll change it then, damn," the song changes to Stitch by Wage War. We are very bipolar with our music taste and we definitely don't look like we would listen to this music at all. One second I'm listening to Billie Eilish then I'm listening to Blessthefall. We jam all the way to Boston. Yeah we had to drive almost an hour in a car to this venue. I hate cars with a passion. We park in the nearest garage and walk like two minutes to the front door where we meet Jake. Sammy stereotypically runs and jumps into his arms and gives him a kiss. I cough awkwardly and rub the back of my head.

"Hey Care," Jake greet me. "Hey Jake" it was a very awkward interaction. Trust me...

" What bands are playing? Any worth actually listening to?" Sam asks her mans. He laughs "All of them silly," he says ruining her hair. She flattens her hair and gives him the eyes. "You know what I mean Jake. Whos good?" she pesters. I laugh at them. They are just so dang cute and I wish I could be with someone like him. He really does treat her like gold.

"There are a couple bands. One called Triumph, they are kinda heavy, so right up your alley, them this one band, they are really good but new to the scene. Their called Ice Nine Kills. The lead singer is pretty dope to." I nod and smile. I am actually excited. Hanging with my bestfriend and listening to some local music. What could go wrong?

_____________________________________________

We have been listening to music and jamming for a little while now and its been a really fun time. I need this. I have been dance and drinking all night with my best girl friend and its great. The bands are on a intermission right now. The last band was really good they were called Villain Of The Story, I'm definitely a fan 100%. Not going to lie I'm kind of out here being a fangirl or a groupie as they call them. I've been chatting up the band guys and chilling with them. I even got a guys number. His name was Christian and he was from that band Villain Of The Story.

"Hey that band I was telling you guys about Ice Nine Kills is coming on next. Y'all are gonna love em," Jake says taking a sip of his beer. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that Jake is 21 and Sammy and I are 18 turning 19. Yeah I know us being seniors in high school and we're a year older than usual well I was born in November and so was Sam so we both started late. So sometimes he buys us alcohol. I know, we're so bad. Sammy grabs my hand a runs to the front of the crowd. For a local show its actually kind of packed. I take another swig of my little wine cooler and start getting pumped.

The stage goes dark and the crowd cheers. The band members come on stage one at a time to a weird noise of some devil playing in the background. (ignore the time placement of the songs im just going to pretend they have some demos and shizz) The lights slowly come up and my mouth drops "So where's your savoir tonight? As angels fall from the sky, His idle hands let me inside..... Where I cannot be crucified!" Both Sammy and I both drop our jaws. His hazel eyes link up with my blue grey ones. For a moment, It feels as if we are both suspended in time. But this is all ruined with that smirk. That god damn smirk. He goes back to his band and sing/screaming. I didn't even know he was in a band.

This is where the room starts spinning and I lost track of time. I lean up against Sam for support and she holds me for dear life. "It really can't be him," Sam yells in my ear. Well..... it is. The song is over and I meet his eyes again. "Hey I'm spencer and we... are Ice Nine Kills," Fuck me right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry to leave you at this but I am going to update and its going to start from this point in time. HAHAHA im evil cutting it off there but you love me!!! hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know they aren't long but im trying. Thank you again and remember to vote for the chapters.

-Lex