VI

-Caroline-

"They left alone, the kids in dark. To burn out forever; or light up a spark," the lyrics of the songs of my childhood ring out. I'm currently doing homework at.... my glance goes to the clock. 10 am. I haven't slept to good due to yesterdays events. Plus, this little hang over I have going on. I hate drinking, but I needed it last night. I touch my face and wince. My eye is definitely a little bruised. It's not black and blue... more like a little brown and a hint of purple. So I really hope it doesn't get worse because the last thing I need is a call home from school or Sam coming over to try to fight my mom... again.

Thou who shall not be named has texted me three times and called twice. We are supposed to work on our project today but I really don't feel like dealing with him and his rude ass. My fingers type away on my keyboard. There is a tap at my door and my head shoots to the door to find my mother opening it. I look away from her. "Hey," I say not looking at her. I don't want her to see what she did.

"How was the show last night? I wasn't awake when you got home so I didn't get to ask," I sigh. Of course she doesn't remember... she never does. But I really don't wanna bring up what happened. "

"It was good," quick and simple. "OH, There is someone at the door for you," she says as she walks down stairs. Who the hell? I get up and look in the mirror. I can see the bruise still forming. I quickly grab some concealer and put it over the little bruise. I tap lightly and as fast as I can. I walk out of room and down the stairs. I glance at the door, only to see Spencer fucking Charnas, standing in my living room. Are you kidding me?

"What are you doing here?" I ask rudely. My mom looks at me confused and looks between the two of us. "The project? you've been dodging my calls and text all morning so I thought I would just come myself," I sigh and rub the back of my head. Curse this damn neighborhood for being so small. Everyone knows where everyone lives sadly.

"whatever. Lets get this dang thing over with," I turn on my feet and start back towards my room. I'm just assuming he is following me since I heard his heavy ass footsteps behind me. He follows me up the steps and down the hall towards my room. I glance back at him and see him staring at the door. "Hey, come on... no need for a pit stop," He looks back at me with a glance of emotion I can't 100% read. We get to my room and I Prevail is blasting through my Alexa.

"Alexa, Turn it off," I say plopping down on my bed. Spencer looks around my room. I guess he is taking it all in. "That was a good song, you didn't have to turn it off," I shrug and grab out a notebook. I grab the Hamlet book I've been assigned and look up at him. He is just standing there.

"What are you doing?" he shrugs and sits down on my Queen sized bed. "Well lets get started, So this paper is going to be about how Shakespeare's Hamlet is a story of lust, Revenge and insanity. So what do yo...." He cuts me off.

"How do you do it..." He says trailing off. I look at him, really confused.

"What do you mean?"

"How do you... deal with him being gone," I stop everything I'm doing. The pencil falls out of my hand and I look at him... That was the last thing I thought he was going to say. My heart starts to pick up and tears start to threaten to meet my eyes. I take a breathe in and out.

"I don't," was all I could muster. "So, Hamlet?" I quickly change the subject trying not to think about this. We get straight into our project and start writing this presentation essay and we actually get pretty far. My mom knocks on the door and we both look up at her. She is dressed up and all nice looking. She smiles at me.

"I'm going out with a client to see if I can seal this shipment deal. There is left over pasta in the fridge and money on the counter if you don't want that. Are you guys okay here alone?" I smile lightly at her. I hope she can seal this agreement so she gets the promotion. I nod

" Yeah Mom. We are all good here," She comes over and kisses my forehead and walks away. See I told you she is actually a good mom... just some bad tendencies. She leaves the room and cracks the door. I hear her leave out the front door and lock it. I go back to writing a paragraph. "Your Mom seems really nice," Spencer speaks up. I meet his gaze and nod

"Yeah she is pretty cool," he smiles at me and I get lost in those eyes again. I don't know what it is about these hazel eyes but I'm mesmerized. he coughs and breaks our view of each others. I rub the back of my head and look down.

"Thank you for actually letting me come over and helping me with the assignment," he speaks. I am actually taken back a bit by his gratitude. I shake my head. "It's not like you gave me a choice. You kinda just showed up at my house," I say with a little chuckle. He laughs awkwardly and sighs.

"Yeah sorry about that. I just really wanted to see you," I look up at him to see if he is serious. Did he really just say that?

"Why would you want to do that. I'm just some groupie remember," I say, snapping a little. He looks hurt. "I'm sorry I said that. When I'm around the guys I don't want them to think I like you," What.... What the hell is he talking about.

"Well, you could have me fooled. You have only been treating me like shit since sophomore year. If anyone would know that wasn't the best year for me," He is looking down and not giving my a single glance. Yeah, you know what you did. He has treated me like shit forever and I don't care what he has to say. He has no right to say sorry. He is a pompous asshole who has ruined the last three years of high school for me.

"I think it's time you go home," I say to him. He looks up at me with caring eyes. Those god damn eyes. I look away from him. I can't be trapped by them. I cant do it. I feel his hand come up and caress my face. I hold in the wince of him touching my cheek. He looks at me.

" I'm truly sorry, Caroline," Our eyes are definitely not leaving this gaze. He has me trapped in them. The more I stare the bigger and better they get. Little did I realize, Spencer was getting closer to me. His face is inches from mine and I can feel his breath on my skin. I should be pulling away. I should scream at him and tell him how much I hate him. So why aren't I? Before I can finally do something, His lips meet mine and I am in shock.

Spencer Charnas is kissing me...

__________________________________________________________

You are very much welcome! I know its been 6 chapters but I need to spice it up a little. Trust me I have so many ideas on how I'm going to have this result. SO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT!!! please leave a vote on the chapter so I know you're reading and I will have the next chapter for you tomorrow!!

-Lex