IX (haha hah hahahahah)

-Caroline-

"Caroline..." that's all he said. He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me. All I could do was cry. What else am I suppose to do in this situation? We sat at the bottom of my door until my sobs became silent. He was holding me... I would be lying if I said I didn't like it. I needed this comfort. My gaze carried to his face. He was staring at me. A blush crept on my probably bruised face. STOP IT CHEEKS!

"Hey. What happened down there?" I didn't say anything. What am I supposed to say. 'Hey yeah.. my mom likes to hit on me when she drinks which is almost every night.' I love her. She's a good mom... or was a good mom. Everything has been different since then.

"I really don't want to talk about it Spencer," he says nothing and nods. He reaches up and wipes a tear away carefully; almost as if not to break me. I didn't know I was crying again. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be treating you like trash on top of all this," he mutters something after that but I can't hear him. He's apologizing. He has never apologized before. I just don't know what is coming over me but I just want to touch his face. My hand grabs his face softly. He looks at me with something in his eyes that I can't read. (I suck at reading people)

"I'm sorry for everything that has happened to you Caroline. I'm sorry about bullying you. I'm sorry about your mom and I'm sorry about Avery," tears at this point were falling down my face. If Avery was here this wouldn't be happening. Mom... Dad.... everything would be normal.  The tears keep falling and Spencer keeps wiping them away and holding me.

   "I want it all to end Spencer..." I say lightly. Nothing is spoken from him. He grabs my face and slams his kiss onto my lips. Butterflies erupt in my stomach and take over. I kiss him back without a care in the world. His kiss makes me feel warm and happy, like nothing is happening. His lips move perfectly with mine, like they were meant to be here. Sadly he pulls away and lays his forehead on mine.

  "Don't you ever say that. You are beautiful Caroline Marshall. Please don't say anything like that. If you ever again think like this, call me! I will run and be right here next to you. You don't ever have to feel alone again," I crash my lips onto his. The kiss was softer this time, even with my needy ass slamming my lips to his... it was full of compassion and heart. He was my first kiss for multiple reasons but I'm not regretting a single second of it. I pull away.

"Why were you so mean to me when there are people around? Please tell me it'll stop. I can't take her and then you on top of that," I say with desperation. He didn't expect that, it's written all over his face. He looks as if he is thinking hard about this.

"I don't really know. We all had ways of coping when Avery left. You know he was my best friend. I think when I used to look at you I saw him... and I hated that. You guys look exactly alike... I took that out on you and I'm sorry Caroline," Avery was friends with everyone...

"He was such a better fucking person than me," I say with sadness dripping from every word.

Avery was my older brother. He was the most liked person in the entire town. He played football and was actually good at it. He was a straight A student. He was going to Dartmouth... he was my best friend. We were all going out to eat in the city. Dad was going to meet us there... but we never made it. A tractor trailer truck hit our car on the passenger side... Mom made it out with only some scratches and bruising. My leg was broken but.... Avery was in the passenger seat. He died on impact. When all this happened Dad left and blamed mom and I for everything. My entire family fell apart in the span of three days. I lost my best friend and my father.

"He was amazing... I was left in his shadow when it should have been me. I usually sit in the passenger side but it was him that night!" I say full on scream/ crying now. Spencer grabs me again and my head is laid against his shoulder. "Caroline... I'm so sorry." Sorry was all he could say. That's all anyone could say anymore. He leads me over to my bed and sits us both down on it off the floor. I look over at the time. 11:30. Spencer's head follows my motion. He opens his mouth to say something. I grab his hand and cut him off.

"Please stay,"

___________________________

Hello all!! I know I'm so evil leaving it here but I have to write more chapters so..... but hey! What did you think? Now you know about Caroline's Brother. Her and Spencer kiss.... more than once 😂 More is to come!! Hey please leave a comment and vote for my story! The story is rising in different categories!! I want it to get out there!! Thank you guys! I'll update soon :)

-lex