VII

-Caroline-

  Monday morning came quick, much to my dismay. School wasn't bad... I just don't know how to handle the Spencer situation. He kissed me. Spencer Charnas kissed me and I didn't hate it. That's the problameo ladies and gentalmen. As soon as he left I called Sam and she almost shit herself and then yelled at me for kissing him. Which didn't happen...

*yesterday*

  Spencer is kissing me!!! I was frozen in place. What am I supposed to do. I've never been kissed before. Am I even a good kisser?  Only seconds later, Spencer pulled away and looked at me with those hazel eyes.

  "I'm sorry," was all he said as he walked out of my house.

*back to today*

   I walk down the hallway to my locker and grab my books for English and history. Spencer is in English. Will he say anything? I really don't know how to handle this. I look around for Sam and remember she isn't here today. A sigh escapes my lips and I walk to English. The class was mostly empty; due to me being early like usual. Not to long after I sit down, Spencer walks through the door. He is conversing with his friends. I notice the one guy, Conor. He is part of Spencer's band. He looks at me and doesn't take long to look away.

Ouch

I guess I wasn't worth looking at, but kissing me is perfectly fine. He gets closer to his usual spot but he doesn't sit there. He sits a few rows back and his posse follow him. I let the thought leave my mind and go to taking notes from the board. Class went on as usual and when the bell rings everyone gets up to leave. I usually wait till everyone leaves the room if I'm not in a hurry. So that is exactly what I do. When Spencer and his group of bears pass by I am met with paper balls being thrown at my entire body.

Not one.... Not two.... Not even three.

About five paper balls crash on me and around me and I sit there in total shock. I look up at them with an angered face. They were all laughing. He was laughing. Kiss and Diss I guess.

"Trashy, Carrie!" One of the girls who also conversed with them said. More laughs...

This is when it started to hit me. I couldn't breathe. My heart was trying to pound it's way out of my chest and I didn't know what to do. I put my head down on my desk and try to breathe. I want them to go away so I can run somewhere else to have a panic attack. They were all gone and I ran out the class and out the doors. At this point I am wheezing to the point where it could be heard. I fiddle with my bag and grab my emergency inhaler from the front pocket and puff.

One....two.... three.
I hold it in for a second and try to regain my ability to stand. I am currently hunched over near the side of the school. Why am I like this? I grab my face in frustration and mentally curse at myself for grabbing my face too hard. The bruise; it only got worse. I'm wearing my baseball cap today just so it could purposely cast a shadow. I don't need anyone seeing me like this.

"Hey!" I look to who has called my way. It was that guy, Conor. He looked at me with worry. "Are you okay?" I roll my eyes and look away from him.

"Like you care," I say. He gets closer to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" He asks again. I look at him weird. " yeah... I just have really bad anxiety attacks when people pelt paper balls at me and call me 'trashy carrie,'" he frowns.

"I'm sorry about them. Their all assholes. I'm Conor by the way," he reaches a hand out. I look at his hand as if it was a foreign object. Slowly I grab it and shake his hand.

"Caroline... it's actually not Carrie," I say with sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"Well Caroline, I'm sorry that some of my friends are asshole. I yelled at Danielle for calling you trashy," shock flushes over my face. He leans in close. "Between me and you, she is the trash," he whispers with a smirk. I muster up a slight giggle. He laughs as well.

"Hey. You should smile more. It looks good on you," I rub the back of my head awkwardly.

"Smiling is overrated," i joke. He laughs again and walks backwards slowly.

"Well I got to get going to class. I'll see you around Caroline," he says as he leaves back towards the building. Wow... someone was actually nice to me. Conor. A smile comes on my face. He said I should smile more... maybe I should try. After I collect myself fully, I walk back into the school building and make my way towards history. I know I'm late... but better late then never.

———————

*later at home*

My hands run over my keyboard frantically as I type my history paper for next week. As I'm typing I feel my phone vibrate against my leg.

Dickhead (Spencer)

Hey. I'll be over later for research paper. See you then.

Remind me why I haven't blocked him yet?

____________________

Hey guys!!! Sorry I didn't update yesterday; college is hard and I have a lot of work. I'm going to change my updating schedule to every other day and I might only update once over the weekend. This will help me make the chapters longer for you guys! I hope you liked this chapter, it was kinda a filler. But I hope you guys keep voting and share this story with your friend!! I would love to see more people enjoying Thanks To You. Thanks for reading!!!

-lex