You May Be Right

Requested by ThatOneWeirdKid221B

Song: You May Be Right by Billy Joel

Hi, everyone! I am currently on holiday in Italy. The wifi here is terrible but at least there's something to work with. If I don't respond to your PM's or comments as quickly, that's the reason behind it. I'll try to update as often as I can. Have a lovely day! 

<♥>

Friday night, I crashed your party

Saturday, I said I'm sorry

Sunday, came and trashed me out again

I was only having fun

Wasn't hurting any one

And we all enjoyed the weekend for a change

''(Y/N), you're here, finally!'' Greg exclaimed, pulling you in for a brief hug. 

''Morning, officer.'' You giggled. 

''It's detective inspector to you, sis.'' He playfully glared at you before bursting out in laughter, quickly followed by you. 

''It's been so long,'' you said, wiping your eyes and calming down. 

''It really has. I'm sorry, (Y/N). I've just been so busy with work and stuff and I got my hands full on Sherlock as well. It's hard.'' He sighed.

You smiled gently and patted his shoulder. ''It's fine, Greg. I'm just glad you called and invited me over. What's the occasion?'' 

''Well, they called me in to investigate a homicide. Interested in joining me? It's been a while.'' 

You laughed. ''I thought you'd never ask.''

After a quick cab ride, you and your older brother arrived at the crime scene which was already crowded with policemen and forensics. 

''A lot of officers for just a homicide,'' you mumbled to yourself.

''We're thinking it's the same serial killer who we've been after for nearly a year now,'' Greg explained, overhearing you. 

''Oh, that makes sense. I read about it online.'' 

He nodded. ''So, you're familiar with his profile then?'' 

''I sure am. You know how much crime interests me.'' You grinned. 

''God, you look like Sherlock.'' Greg laughed. ''Speaking of that bastard... Anderson! Is Sherlock here yet?'' 

Anderson pointed at a figure in a black trench coat leaning over a body and you instantly recognised him. You and Greg walked over to the body. ''So what have you got, mate?'' 

Sherlock looked up. ''Where were you? You're supposed to keep Anderson's stupidity away from me while I investigate!'' 

Greg rolled his eyes. ''I was waiting for my sister.'' 

Finally, Sherlock seemed to notice you. ''(Y/N)!'' He exclaimed, surprised to see you. ''Haven't seen you around in quite a while.'' 

''Well, Greg and I have both been busy, but I'm here now.'' You smiled. 

''Right. Who's Greg?'' 

''I am!'' 

''Oh, right! Sorry, Graham,'' Sherlock said, trailing off as he turned back to the body. ''(Y/N), since you're here, help me out, will you? Make yourself useful.''