Case Gone Wrong

Hello, lovelies!

Just dropping in with a simple new oneshot that I hope you will all enjoy. It has some angst but also lots of fluff!

And, of course, a very happy birthday to our one and only Benedict Cumberbatch.

Have a great day, everyone!

<♥>

(Y/N) watched her boyfriend pace the room with an amused smile on her face.

Once again, the detective was without a case and had been for three days already. The poor man was bored out of his mind and taking it out on the walls.

''You know, we could go out and do something fun?'' (Y/N) offered.

Sherlock scoffed. ''Your idea of fun is not equal to that of mine. I don't indulge in mind-numbing activities to keep myself entertained. My mind needs exercise! I need a case!''

(Y/N) giggled softly. ''Well, I was going to suggest Cluedo, but I suppose you wouldn't want to do that either.''

He momentarily stopped pacing and turned to his girlfriend. ''You know damn well John banned me from that game and got rid of it after what happened last time.''

''I know,'' she grinned, ''I was only teasing you.''

Sherlock let out an anguished cry before reaching for his gun.

''Ah ah ah!'' she stopped him. ''No more wall shooting! Mrs Hudson's walls have suffered enough. We do not need more bills.''

''Fine! Then I'll shoot something else.''

''Like what?''

Sherlock smirked. ''I could go to the yard and shoot Anderson. Maybe that'll convince Gary to give me a case. With the bonus of amusing my dearest girlfriend, of course.''

She put her book down and got up from the sofa, wrapping her arms around her detective. ''While that does sound very amusing, it's not a good idea and I will not allow it.''

Sherlock rolled his eyes. ''You never let me do anything fun,'' he mocked, a smirk playing on his lips.

''Because your idea of fun often includes violence and bloody body parts.'' She smiled at him before pressing a soft kiss to his lips. ''But I like that about you.''

''Which fun activity would you suggest then?'' he asked, stroking her cheek with his thumb.

''Oh, I think you'll like what I'm suggesting. You did last night,'' she giggled.

He hummed, leaning in closer. ''Last night was rather... eventful. I wouldn't mind doing that again.''

(Y/N) brought her lips to his ear and whispered, ''Lead the way, Handsome.''

''Morning, guys. I brought -'' John froze in the doorway. ''I'm not interrupting anything, am I?''

Sherlock groaned loudly and pulled away from (Y/N), sitting down in his chair with a huff and a childish pout. ''What do you want, John? I thought you and Mary had plans today to not bother me.''

(Y/N) rolled her eyes. ''It's nice to see you, John. Don't mind him. He's just sulking because Greg hasn't gotten him a case in a few days.''

John handed her one of the coffees he brought. ''Good news then, mate. I ran into Greg on the way here and he has a case he needs your help with.''