A Christmas Case

Yet another five months have passed, but finally, I managed to squeeze in some time to write a Christmas Imagine for all my wonderful readers!

I just want to thank you all for all the reads, likes and comments I still get every day despite my inactivity. Words can't express how grateful I am and how much I miss you all.

I'd love to hear from all of you in the comments! What are your Christmas plans this year?

<♥>

''You just had to drag us all the way over here, didn't you?'' John yelled at his best friend and former flatmate.

''How was I supposed to know it was going to snow?'' Sherlock retorted, matching John's tone of voice. ''Do I look like a weatherman to you?''

''You could have checked online, you moron!''

''So could you, but that didn't come to your mind either.''

You sat on the sofa, calmly sipping the tea you made, as you watched the boys argue. What seemed like a fun trip a few days ago wasn't so great after all. It had started with a typical phone call from Lestrade. A new case had come up right before Christmas and the DI needed all hands on deck.

~Flashback~

Sherlock stormed inside, you and John closely behind. He pulled his scarf off as the warm air inside New Scotland Yard hit his face. ''Where is Lestrade?'' he barked at an intern.

The young boy shakily raised his hand, pointing at the DI's office. ''I- I'll let him know you're here, sir.''

''No need,'' Sherlock cut off. ''I am perfectly capable of doing that myself.''

You and John both apologised to the intern before following Sherlock into Greg's office, where the commotion had already started.

''Christ, Sherlock! When I told you to come here fast, I didn't mean this fast. I'm still compiling all the information we have.''

''What's going on, Greg?'' you asked, reading over his shoulder as he stacked several documents.

''A Christmas serial killer!'' Sherlock grinned excitedly. ''Can you feel that, (Y/N)? The adrenaline rushing through your veins, the thrill of the chase! There's a new serial killer on the loose.'' He rubbed his hands together, a childish grin still plastered on his face. ''Finally, a Christmas present I can enjoy!''

You slapped his arm. ''And what about the present I got you last year? The engraved violin case? You told me you loved it!''

He pecked your lips quickly. ''I did, but this is better.''

You rolled your eyes at your husband, but couldn't fight the smile forming on your lips. Sherlock had gone without a case for almost three weeks now and the poor man was going mad. You were glad to see him so thrilled and happy again, even if it was for the wrong reasons.

''Tell me what you know, Gavin. Where is this case taking us?''

The DI grunted in protest, but realised there was no point in correcting Sherlock. He handed him a file. ''Northern England.''

''Northern England?'' you asked, intrigued. ''Why there?''

''From what we have gathered, he seems to have gone there after every kill. It won't be any different now. We rented a lodge close to where we suspect he hides. You three are going undercover to find this criminal and arrest him before he does any more harm.''