The Page Boy

Thank you so much for almost 15K! 

I hope you all enjoy this oneshot. Thank you for still reading these, it means the world to me! Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Requested by RavenWinterFell

<♥>

With a lot of effort, you finally managed to make it up the final step of the stairs. Panting, you leant against the wooden door that lead to your flat, dropping the three heavy grocery bags on the floor. 

As your ear was pressed against the wood, you could hear soft voices. What they were saying, you couldn't make out, but it sounded like a younger person. 

To get rid of your confusion, you quietly opened the door and peered inside. What you saw made your heart melt. 

At the table, behind the laptop sat Sherlock together with Archie, Mary and John's page boy for the wedding. They were both intently staring at the screen, obviously too engrossed in what they were doing to notice your return. 

Smiling fondly, you leant against the doorframe, your back resting against it as you watched their exchange. 

You couldn't help but feel warm inside. You had never seen Sherlock interact with children before, he always seemed to avoid them at all costs. But here he was, spending time with John's relative and hopefully even enjoying himself. 

The subject of children had never really come up in your everyday conversations. Surely, you thought about it, a lot even, but you had always been too afraid to bring it up and strike a conversation. 

You didn't really know Sherlock's stance on kids and being a parent, but you suspected it wouldn't be the same as yours. 

Ever since you were little, you wanted to be a mum and care for an innocent being. You had always been a mother figure to those around you, allowing them to come to you for help or advice and genuinely wanting what was best for them. It wasn't at all surprising that you wanted children of your own and deep down, you knew Sherlock realised that, too. 

There was always this lingering fear he would be so opposed to becoming a father that you'd have to leave. A childless marriage was not a part of the dream you had for yourself. 

You loved him so much and truly didn't want to leave him. But if he didn't want to have kids, you weren't sure what you would do. But since you were too afraid to ask, you stayed silent about it. Though, time was catching up with both of you and if you didn't have children soon, it could be too late. 

You and Sherlock had been married for years, the time was right. But was the person?

You decided to shove those plaguing thoughts out of your head before you'd start crying and embarrass yourself in front of them. 

Instead, you chose to give Sherlock and Archie your full attention and live in the moment. And were you glad you zoned back in on time.

''What are those things in his eyes?'' Archie wondered, squinting at the screen and looking genuinely interested. 

''Maggots,'' Sherlock answered, casually scrolling as if he couldn't be bothered, which was probably true. 

You, on the other hand, nearly choked on air as the word 'maggots' was mentioned. You charged forwards, leaving the bags in the hall, and slammed the laptop shut. Within seconds, you had your arms wrapped around Archie's head and held him close to your chest, not allowing him to look into your husband's direction.