A Romantic Evening

Requested by iamcumberlover

I hope you all like this oneshot. Apologies for not uploading yesterday while so many people are waiting for their requests, I just didn't feel well and needed a day of doing absolutely nothing. Thank you so much for nearly 3K already on this book! It means the world to me. Have a lovely day, everyone. 

<♥>

Sherlock knew he wasn't the most romantic boyfriend to you. To be perfectly honest, he wasn't even a good boyfriend at all. You deserved so much better, so much more love and appreciation than he offered you. He wanted you to be happy and he was prepared to do anything to make that happen.

''Should I wear a tie or not?'' Sherlock wondered, holding a blue tie in front of his white button-up shirt. 

''Just wear what you want to wear and it will be fine.'' John smiled. 

''Well, I don't know if I want to wear a tie. What if (Y/N) hates ties, what if she loves them? I can't read her mind! I can't see if she's a tie-lover or hater!'' He defended, voice raised.

John rolled his eyes. ''Listen, Sherlock, (Y/N) won't care if you wear a tie or not. Just go for the option you like best and stop overthinking this!'' 

The young detective nodded, a sigh escaping his lips as he placed the accessory back on his bed. ''Maybe no tie then,'' he mumbled. 

''Good choice,'' his friend complimented. 

With shaky hands, Sherlock buttoned up his shirt, leaving the upper two open, exposing his neck. He kept his gaze fixed on his reflection as he turned and posed a bit. ''Do I look alright?'' 

''You look fine, mate. (Y/N) will love it.'' 

A smile spread on the detective's face. ''That's all I want,'' he admitted softly. 

John patted his friend's back. ''The fact that you're trying to be more involved in your relationship instead of letting it go to waste proves that.'' 

Sherlock nodded. ''I hope she sees that, too.''

For the past few weeks, Sherlock had used everything he had in him to plan the most perfect, romantic date anyone had ever been on. 

Every idea he had needed a second-, a third- and a fourth opinion before they would even come close to being a part of the actual date. The detective had been bothering his brother and friends over texts, randomly planned visits and even calls, just to ensure you got the best of the best. 

So far, Mrs Hudson, Mycroft, Molly, Lestrade and John and Mary had been a part of Sherlock's big scheme to amaze you. They had been reluctant at first, but at hearing their friend's heartfelt and emotional speech, they realised how important this date actually was for him.

Sherlock had known you for many years, eight to be exact. The two of you had met one another at a park close to the homes you lived in as a child when you were both seventeen years old. 

The situation you both were in was quite similar and you managed to connect with each other in ways you had never been able to do before. Ever since that day, Sherlock had developed feelings for you that went further than those of friendship. 

He was in love with you and after seven great years of friendship, he had accidentally blurted it out after you convinced him to have a few drinks with you. At first, you had been shocked but as soon as that wore off, you kissed him and thus, the beginning of your relationship with the consulting detective.