Heaven Can Wait

Requested by 67DeanWinchester 

Song: Heaven Can Wait by Michael Jackson

I hope you like the idea I came up with for this song. I had fun writing this, so thank you for this lovely request. Enjoy your day, everyone!

Have you submitted your writing to my small competition yet? You have until Tuesday, September 19th to participate if you're interested. For more information, check out the previous chapter if you haven't already. Hope to see some exciting stuff! :)

<♥>

Tell the angels no, I don't want to leave my baby alone

I don't want nobody else to hold you

That's a chance I'll take

Baby I'll stay, Heaven can wait

No, if the angels took me from this earth

I would tell them bring me back to her

It's a chance I'll take, maybe I'll stay

Heaven can wait

Sherlock inhaled deeply, closing his eyes as he felt that all too familiar feeling rush through his veins. He exhaled calmly, letting go of all the stress and tension in his body. As if he was a puppet, every muscle relaxed and hung limply by his side, supported by the black, leather chair he always sat in during his so called activities. 

This was just another way for Sherlock to let go. His life was tough, a whirlwind of all kinds of hard situations and experiences. One bad thing after the other slapped him in his face and the pressure of the outside world often got to him. But not when he was high. 

No, when he used drugs, the entire world quieted down. It was like he was the only one who existed. There were no troubles to think of, no stress and above all, no judgemental looks from people close to him. And even if they were there, he would hardly take notice of them.

In his drug induced bliss, only relaxation occurred. His mind could rest, take a moment to stop thinking and just drown in nothingness. It was an amazing feeling, and also very addictive.

Although he claimed to be 'a user', that was certainly not the case. Sherlock Holmes was an addict, and a bad one, too. His struggles took a toll on him. The pressure of making it in life and fatherhood never ceased. He kept needing a break from it, and the only way to do that without doing something 'too' permanent was by pumping heroin into his veins. 

But as the days went on, Sherlock grew more and more dependent on his substances. His monthly use turned into weekly, daily, sometimes even multiple times a day. And not only did the frequency of his using increase, so did the amount. 

Every time he used, his doses would become stronger. But the effects always seemed to last shorter than when he started. It made him crave more all day and it was becoming a hazard. The chance of an accidental overdose had gotten too big to even think about and finally, people around him started to notice. 

And they all knew something had to be done, which was exactly what happened. His friends and family decided to change his drug habits forever by targeting his biggest weakness; you.

You're beautiful, you're wonderful

Incredible, I love you so

You're beautiful