Heartbreaker

Requested by musickidmickey

Song: How To Be A Heartbreaker by Marina and The Diamonds

Before this oneshot starts, I would like to ask you all something. Recently, it has been brought to my attention by a reader that the knowledge you have of me isn't much. This reader wasn't the first to suggest that I should tell you more about myself.

Is this something more people are interested in, and if yes, what would you like to see/read? Personally, I like a little mystery but if you guys want to get to know me better, I wouldn't be afraid necessarily to open up more to you. And if it's something you want, maybe a face reveal in the future?

Let me know what you think! Have a great day and thank you for reading! :)

<♥>

Rule number one

Is that you gotta have fun

But, baby, when you're done

You gotta be the first to run

Rule number two

Just don't get attached to

Somebody you could lose

So le-let me tell you

''Glad you could come here on such short notice,'' your boss, Mycroft Holmes, said, gesturing for you to sit down across from him. 

You obliged and took a seat, crossing your legs and smiling at him. ''You needed me?'' You inquired. 

Mycroft nodded. ''It's time for another break from your desk and get back in the field again.'' 

Your eyes lit up at his words. ''You have a new assignment for me?'' You asked calmly, hiding your excitement well. 

''Indeed, I do,'' he said, folding his hands together and leaning his elbows on his desk. ''But it will be dangerous and incredibly tough.'' 

''I like a challenge.'' 

''I know you do, Miss (Y/L/N). It's one of the reasons why you'd be perfect for the job. If you accept it, that is.'' 

You nodded. ''Do tell me more.'' 

His hand opened a desk drawer and retrieved a thick file, sliding it towards you across the desk. 

You greedily took it and skimmed through it, eyes growing wider in ecstasy. ''Jim Moriarty,'' you breathed. 

''Ah, so you're familiar with him.'' 

You looked up to meet your boss' gaze and said, ''Everyone is familiar with this particular criminal, Mr Holmes.'' You looked down at the file again, looking at the photos of him. A smirk tugged at your lips. ''The notorious consulting criminal,'' you mumbled to yourself. ''What will my job be?'' 

Mycroft smiled a little, enjoying your obvious excitement, but tried to conceal it. Though, it was hard to keep anything from you. 

You weren't just any employee of Mycroft. You were the best of the best. With your intellect and brain capacity, you came incredibly close to the Holmes brothers themselves and, of course, Jim Moriarty. 

You were sinfully smart and used your advantages well in your everyday life, including the assignments you got from your boss. You were Mycroft's most prized employee and if he'd let anyone even remotely close to a case as big as this was, it would be you and only you.