#WriteYourHeartOut

(Scroll down for the results and final note)

Hello, everyone!

As a way to celebrate my birthday, I am hosting a small writing competition right here on Wattpad!

If you're a writer or interested in writing, I truly hope you participate. It's just for fun and it doesn't matter if you're experienced or not. It's all about creating your own fanfiction and sharing your passions with the world!

I am thrilled to read all your creations and I simply can't wait to check them all out.

But first, some rules to make sure everything runs smoothly:

- It must be a stand-alone chapter, so a oneshot (it can be in a book with more chapters, but the story itself has to be singular).

- It can be a CharacterxCharacter oneshot or a CharacterxReader.

- You can submit a oneshot you have written in the past or write something new, as long as it's an original idea of your own (so no use of existing prompts), it's fine.

- You can write about anything you desire as long as it is about the show we love so much, BBC's version of Sherlock. You're free to use any characters in your oneshot (but not the actors as themselves, they must be in character for it to count).

- It can't be longer than 2000 words (please put a word count at the top).

- You can submit your writing until upcoming Tuesday, September 19th. Any oneshots submitted after that deadline will not count for this competition.

How to submit your piece of writing:

- All you have to do is publish your oneshot on Wattpad and tag me in the one you wish to submit. Since Wattpad occasionally likes to jumble up my notifications, also send me a PM with the link to your book. If you did both these things, you have successfully submitted your writing and I will check it out as soon as I can.

After the deadline:

- Two winners will be announced soon after the deadline. I don't know exactly when yet, but I am going to work on it as quickly as I can.

- The person whose story I loved most receives first place, which is accompanied by a follow and a shout-out on this book and my message board directed to all my followers.

- There will also be a second place awarded to someone who will receive a shout-out on this book, as well.

- As soon as I have picked the two people who impressed me the most, I will update this chapter with the results :)

I hope I have given you all the information you need! If you have any questions or something else to say, leave a comment on this chapter or PM me. I'll gladly answer.

Hopefully, many of you will submit something and participate in the competition. Again, this is just for fun and I am beyond excited to read all your creations.

Are you participating in this little competition? Let me know in the comments!

Tag people here who might be interested in submitting their work!

That's all, folks! So get to writing! :D

(Note: This competition is over. Thank you to those who participated).

Message after the contest:

Wow...

I am speechless. 

After reading all of your entries, I am stunned by the large amount of talent. Everyone delivered such strong, amazing pieces, and I feel honoured to have been the judge of this contest. 

I had a lot of trouble picking the winners. All of you impressed me so much, I really struggled to pick out those who were the best. So much so that I decided to award a third place to someone, I just didn't feel like I could limit it to only two winners. 

Thank you all so much for submitting your writing and bringing me the pleasure of reading your funny, heartbreaking and fluffy oneshots. It has been an amazing experience for me.

Congratulations to those who won! You deserve it :D

Winners: 

1 - DepressionattheProm

After I finished reading your oneshot, I had to take a moment to process it. It was such beautiful writing and I envy your skills. You did a tremendous job and you totally deserve the first place! Congratulations, Love ♥

2 - TimeLord9

You have a wonderful way with words. I absolutely loved your oneshot and you are totally deserving of so many more reads on your stuff. Congratulations on second place, Love ♥

3 - the_Writing_Bear

You definitely chose the right AU to submit to this contest. I love Potterlock crossovers and your oneshots was a stunning addition to it. You are a great writer! Congratulations on third place, Love ♥

Please, don't feel disappointed if you didn't make it to the top three. All of you were simply astounding and picking the winners was extremely hard for me. You should all be so very proud of yourselves. 

Well, that was it for this contest. Thanks again for joining and have a lovely day! ♥