Lost case

"You, where did you live at ?"

Gu Wang Yi asked him out of the blue right after they were done with class that day.

"Why are you asking ?"

Somehow, he seems a little bit sceptical of Gu Wang Yi but the truth is, he is normally secretive like that. If it is about his personal information, no matter who the person is, he will not share it easily. Hearing that kind of tone from Wu Ming Er, Gu Wang Yi suddenly feels like he wasn't trusted enough by the later.

"Is it something confidential that it was hard for you to tell ?"

"It is"

Wu Ming Er keep on looking outside, unawared of Gu Wang Yi who is getting mad at him. He didn't know that his simple answer is affecting the later feeling. In his heart, he is already worrying that the bus will left him behind if he didn't hurry.

"I don't even need your full address. Just tell me the name of your province ah. Don't be so stingy about it"

Wu Ming Er didn't hear anything anymore. He is more focusing on how to get back home now. He was left with two options either to hail a cab or call the main house to send someone and pick him up. One of the options is free of charge while the other will hurt his wallet a bit. Though spending extra money for cab hurts him, he wasn't desperate enough to give the main house a call.

"Xiao Wu is here ? The bus already left a long time ago"

Lin Ka Ye only stopped at class 5-2 because he realized that Gu Wang Yi's car is still parked down there. He didn't know that he will find Wu Ming Er there too. Moreover, seeing the both of them alone after class seems a bit suspicious.

"I know. Help me Ka Ye. This guy is harassing me"

Seeing Lin Ka Ye's face at the door, Wu Ming Er can't help but felt relieved. Apparently, in the middle of their conversation Gu Wang Yi managed to pull his bag away from him. Now, forget about hailing a cab since the wallet is in the bag.

"Who is harassing you ? I only asked a simple question"

Gu Wang Yi hissed back. He isn't mad anymore but he is taking the opportunity to tease the guy now. Seeing that beautiful face in rage really gave him quite a satisfaction.

"You won't let me catch the bus. Now I need to hail a cab and spend extra money"

"Is it even my fault ? If you simply gave me what I want, I would have let you go long ago"

"See ? You purposely did this so I missed the bus ah"

"So what if I did it on purpose. Just give me the address ah I will send you home"

"Like hell I would tell you now !"

Lin Ka Ye at the door feels like he is watching a drama. This scene of couple having love banter, how could he not watch it. Moreover, they already got indulged in their own world as if he wasn't even there. Instead of feeling left out, Lin Ka Ye take out a pack of salted peanut from his bag and enjoy the show. Soon enough, he could already pinpoint the root of their fight and he suddenly got the urge to slam his head to the wall.

"So, the reason why both of you are wasting time and fighting right now is because of a stupid address ?"

"Shut up !"

Both Gu Wang Yi and Wu Ming Er fired at Lin Ka Ye at the same time. Poor guy was tossed in the middle of a battlefield and got sec killed.
Somehow, Gu Wang Yi win in the end and he happily drive a reluctant Wu Ming Er back to his apartment building.

*****

The next day, Wu Ming Er woke up early as usual. Though he doesn't have school on Saturday, he still has a part time job to go to. He worked at the public library in the morning till 12 o'clock. At 2 in the evening, he will start his shift at a family restaurant near his apartment building. The shift will end at 10. It wasn't too late and it is only convenient that it wasn't far at all. He could right away jump in bed if he was too tired anyway. Right after his parents' death 2 years ago, the main house called him to come back but he refused since he wasn't an idiot. When he first heard about it he thought that maybe it was only an act of kindness since he was left alone. But then he realized that his parents never talked about them. They know about him but he didn't even know they existed. While his parents still alive, they never make themselves known but knowing that his parents gone, they suddenly came. He couldn't help but think that they wanted something from him because of that.
After that, Wu Ming Er found himself a job. He know that he couldn't be indebted to them. Afraid that one day, he will have to pay them back.
At first, it was only a job at the family restaurant where his father worked at. The owner was kind enough to give him a spot as waiter eventhough he was only 15 that time.
Good thing that he didn't have to worry about getting kicked out because his parents owned the house. His only concern is money for things like food and bills.
Handling it all alone, he became wise in no time and he felt content with himself.
If 2 years ago he went back to the main house by impulse, he will probably not be as wise as he is today. He, himself will end up as a rich brat instead.
During this 2 years, he got used to living independently. Back then, it was so hard to get by that he had to sell his gadgets and a few things in the house. Right now, even if a rainstorm come, he won't stagger.

*****

A sneak peek of WME's past. He is a great man and he grown up well, I admit :)