Birthday

"So, want to hang out tomorrow ?"

Gu Wang Yi asked when they were on the way back home that day. Since it is the last school day of the week, he decided that he wants to meet Wu Ming Er on weekend too. Nowadays, he seems a litle bit more infatuated with Wu Ming Er than before although only Lin Ka Ye could guess what actually happened between them.
He himself thinks that he is getting more clingy as he always want to be with the later.

"Sorry but I got work on weekend "

"Even on Sunday ?"

Wu Ming Er nodded. Gu Wang Yi know that it is a normal thing for students to work part time job but he never been friend with one. Back then, all his friends from the private school were born with golden spoon in their mouth.

"Where did you work at then ?"

"Why do I need to tell you ?"

Gu Wang Yi want to laugh out loud because of that but he stopped himself. Although he didn't know where is Wu Ming Er work place, he could easily get the info from someone's help. What he wanted all along is only a call away yet he still decided to ask Wu Ming Er first. He is also slightly hoping that Wu Ming Er would tell him on his own.

"If I tell you, you will definitely come and disturb me at work, right ?"

"Am I that low in your heart ah ?When did I ever disturb you before this ? You tell me "

Wu Ming Er scoffed. This person dare to say that he never disturb him. After that little incident in the mall, Gu Wang Yi has changed into someone who is so overbearing. He just wouldn't leave him alone at all. If possible, the guy would also follow him to the toilet everytime he has to do his business.

"Anyway, I am not free on weekend since I have to work. Maybe another day ?"

"How about after work ? What time will you get off work ?"

"At 10 p.m."

"That late ah ? Isn't it dangerous to go home alone at night ?"

Wu Ming Er immediately turned to Gu Wang Yi and give the guy a few hard punches out of anger.
Gu Wang Yi readily accept the punch to his bicep. Since he is driving, it will be much safer if he didn't try to avoid or else it probably can put them both in an ugly situation. Hell they could even get caught in an accident. Anyway , the punches doesn't even hurt him that much. He is already happy to have Wu Ming Er's fist making contact with his bicep that he forgot about the pain.

"Who do you think I am, a girl ? I am a man that can look after my own self ah !"

"Okay, stop hitting me. I am driving"

Wu Ming Er huffed but somehow he listened to Gu Wang Yi and stopped himself from throwing more punch.

"The day after tomorrow is my birthday, I want to celebrate with you"

Wu Ming Er turned to Gu Wang Yi, surprised. Only now did he realized that he didn't know anything about the guy beside him.
Gu Wang Yi never said anything about himself or his family. Now that they are in this kind of relationship, he atleast wants to know more about Gu Wang Yi.

"You don't have to celebrate with your family ?"

"I will go home on Sunday. I want to celebrate with you first"

"Okay, then pick me up after work tomorrow at the family restaurant near my apartment building"

Gu Wang Yi nodded at him. They finally reached his apartment building and bid farewell to each other.

*****

As promised, Gu Wang Yi came to pick Wu Ming Er up at the family restaurant. When the owner saw the sleek black car, he won't stop praising it to Wu Ming Er. Although it wasn't even his car, he somehow feel proud hearing the compliments.
Wu Ming Er immediately get into the car after that to not let Gu Wang Yi waited longer.

"So, you worked as a waiter ?"

"Yes, and I sometimes work in the kitchen"

"I like the food you made for me"

"Really ? Then you deserved to get this from me"

He take out a box of packed food from a paper bag and show it to Gu Wang Yi. Since the guy is driving, it is enough to just let him know that there is food for him inside the box. Prior to their date, he borrowed the kitchen to cook something for Gu Wang Yi. Since he have to work, he didn't have much time to find a gift, hence why he decided to cook.

"Is it a gift for me ?"

Wu Ming Er nodded and put the box back in the paper bag. After that, they keep on talking about random stuffs like they usually did. Wu Ming Er didn't bother asking about where they are going because he didn't mind at all. Since it is Gu Wang Yi's birthday, he didn't want them to argue about something so silly.

"We are here"

Wu Ming Er look out his window and realized that they are at some kind of a cliff end. There is nothing around them but a few benches. A few car passed by but nobody stopped since that area was too dark. Wu Ming Er slowly get out of the car and followed Gu Wang Yi to sit at the bench.
Although it was dark, it wasn't too bad as they can clearly see the million stars above them.
Seeing that Wu Ming Er was satisfied with the place, Gu Wang Yi happily  serve the foods and drinks that he readily bought before picking Wu Ming Er up from work.

"I searched this place online. You are lucky that many stars decided to show up tonight"

"Isn't it you who were lucky ? It is your birthday"

"I'm lucky enough to have you here  tonight"

Wu Ming Er can't helped but blushed at that. Usually, he wasn't that easily moved but tonight was different. With the perfect scenery above them, and the single candle that Gu Wang Yi had put in between the foods. It feels so much like a candle light dinner.

"In the past, I always imagine myself doing this for the one I love. Now that you are here, I really want to treasure you even if you can't accept me"

"Let's not ruin the mood tonight since it is your birthday"

Gu Wang Yi sadly smiled and throw his gaze away to the stars. Little did he know, he was already accepted long ago by Wu Ming Er. Although Wu Ming Er never said yes to him, he clearly allowed Gu Wang Yi to stay by his side even after all that happened.

"Happy birthday, Gu Wang Yi"

Right after the time reads 12, Wu Ming Er said it. There is no cake but nobody cares. Gu Wang Yi take the paper bag and happily indulged himself with the food that Wu Ming Er cooked for him.
He has been waiting patiently for it. Seeing Gu Wang Yi eating so happily like that, Wu Ming Er can't stop himself from feeling happy too.

"Next time, tell me your favourite food and I will cook it for you. But only if I know how to cook it"

"It is fine. No matter what you cook, as long as you are the one cooking, I will happily eat"

That one sentence from Gu Wang Yi really makes Wu Ming Er's heart thumping loudly. He hope that the other guy won't hear it though.

*****
So, I'm sorry for the delay 🙏🏻
I am currently preparing for an interview so wish me luck guys ☺️