Preparation

A few days before Sport Day, Wu Ming Er got so busy that it was hard to see him at school.
He wasn't the president of his team but the team's advisor personally called out his name to help preparing for the Sport Day, so he couldn't say no to the teacher. Besides, if they combined all teams' president and vice president, there will be only 8 students in total. As an active member of his team, Wu Ming Er was glad that he could help.

The preparation somehow prevent him from going to class for 2 days already. As much as Gu Wang Yi hates taking notes, he still do it or else Wu Ming Er will be left behind in class. Their quality times reduced drastically that they only meet during time to go to school and on the way back home. They didn't even eat lunch together during those 2 days.

Gu Wang Yi didn't mind that Wu Ming Er wants to help but the guy doesn't seemed to concern about anything else apart from the Sport Day's preparation. At the end of those 2 days, he will always find Wu Ming Er looking so tired with a burned skin like he has been staying under direct sunlight for too long. Althought there is a tired smile hanging on that pretty face when the guy greeted him, it still wasn't enough to wipe away his heartache. Moreover, he found out that Yin Xiu An actually involved in the preparation too. Thus all the more reason for him to hate this Sport Day.

On the last day of preparation somehow, Gu Wang Yi got lucky as Wu Ming Er joined him for lunch. Ofcourse, with Lin Ka Ye as the official third wheel. He immediately pushed his untouched tray of food towards Wu Ming Er so that the guy can eat.

"Eat. Don't want to see you fainting on the field later"

"Thank you"

Today, the weather seems hotter than the day before. They can't even feel any wind blowing.

"You are not eating ?"

Seeing that Gu Wang Yi wasn't intended to get a new tray of food, Wu Ming Er somehow feels guilty so he asked that question.

"I already ate my fill"

Gu Wang Yi said while looking fondly at Wu Ming Er who is munching his food cutely. These past 2 days, Gu Wang Yi was in a state of helpless . He knew Wu Ming Er didn't have enough time to eat a full meal during lunch. When he was sending the guy home, he decided not to stop to any restaurant because the guy usually fall asleep in the car in tiredness. Besides, he remembered that Wu Ming Er prefered not to eat outside. Today, when he get to see Wu Ming Er eating a full meal once again, he feels so happy and full.

"Xiao Wu, what have you done to our shuai ge ? He is so smitten over you now ah"

(Shuai ge: handsome brother)

Lin Ka Ye saw the duo exchanging love stares but he decided to be thick skinned and ignored it.

"What did I even do ? I did nothing"

"Yeah yeah you did nothing. Like I would believe that. Anyway, tomorrow you guys won't be in the same team, right ?"

"Yeah. I will be in blue team while Gu Wang Yi will be in yellow team"

Wu Ming Er was quite sad that Gu Wang Yi can't helped him collect points for blue team. Looking at Gu Wang Yi, he can already guessed the amount of points he can collect. Such a shame that those points will go to a rival team.

"God finally separates both of you. My wish was granted ah"

"Lin Ka Ye you idiot ! It is because of you that there is no hope for blue team to win this year"

"So, my worth was only the points ?"

One question from the usually quiet Gu Wang Yi and both friends stopped arguing immediately. Wu Ming Er looked at Gu Wang Yi but he can't read that poker faced man. He didn't seemed mad but why does the air feels suffocating suddenly ?
Fortunately, Lin Ka Ye was smart enough to change the topic.

"The local tournament is next week right ? So how was the training ?"

"The intensive training will started on Monday"

Thinking about the local tournament makes Wu Ming Er feels excited. He have a few athlete friends from another school since he already joined this tournament before this. It's already his third years participating so even if they don't stay in contact, the relationship is actually good.

"What are you so happy about ?"

Gu Wang Yi saw Wu Ming Er's face blooming with a smile after the topic local tournament was mentioned. He was curious of the reason why.

"I am just excited"

The answer only makes Gu Wang Yi became even more curious after that.

"Ah I almost forgot ! The intensive class will start early next month !"

As usual, Lin Ka Ye will always be the first to know everything. Recently, he was just lazying around in the teachers' room and heard the news by accident. But since it wasn't announced yet, he didn't dare to tell anybody.

"Isn't it too early ? Last year the intensive class started early of September. It is not even June yet"

Since they are in their final year, it is normal for the school to assigned intensive classes on them for major and hard subject. The classes can extend to 2 hours and a half compared to the normal 1 hour per subject.
For Wu Ming Er who didn't take any additional class or tuition outside, an intensive class is like another option for him. He couldn't not take this intensive class but he also couldn't skipped work.

"I need to trouble you two to take notes for me since I have work on Saturday"

"You can't not go ?"

Gu Wang Yi asked. He didn't really hold much feeling towards his question. The image of a working student like Wu Ming Er still seems new for him anyway.

"I can but it won't be nice. Although the owner is my late father's friend, I don't want to take him for granted"

"Are our Xiao Wu in need of money, ah ?"

"No no, as long as I don't quit any of my job then it is fine"

Gu Wang Yi and Lin Ka Ye didn't say anything more. Since it is like this, they can only helped Wu Ming Er take notes. It is not like they can forced Wu Ming Er to quit working when it is his only life source.

*****

The preparation is finally done as they finished setting up the last canopy. Wu Ming Er happily walked back to his class where he know Gu Wang Yi was waiting for him. The guy has been patiently waiting for him after class for the past 2 days just to send him back home.
Ever since the smoking incident, he realized that something changed about Gu Wang Yi. The way Gu Wang Yi cared for him intensified and his stares also becoming more unbearable than before this.

He reached the class and found Gu Wang Yi playing with his phone while chewing gum. It is a new habit he picked up after he decided to stop smoking. Wu Ming Er feels warmth spreading in his heart remembering that Gu Wang Yi willing to do it because of him.

"You are done ? Let's go home then ?"

Gu Wang Yi already standing infront of him with their bags in hand, ready to go home. Wu Ming Er can only smiled at him tiredly to answer his question.

"Can we go eat out today ?"

"I thought that you don't like eating outside ?"

Wu Ming Er remembered that he only said it to avoid sitting in the same car while he was sweaty and smelly back then.

"If you don't want, just say so"

"I'm only afraid that you will fall asleep while you are eating"

"Then, should we eat at my home instead ?"

Who was Gu Wang Yi to reject that offer. He immediately agreed and urge Wu Ming Er to walk faster. Being so tired, Wu Ming Er didn't realized that Gu Wang Yi was skipping in his steps.

*****
I feel like this duo getting cuter day by day.
The longest chapter so far because I don't want to cut it into 2 parts.
Also, I wrote this after abandoning the draft which I wasn't satisfied with. So, if you found something out of plot, do tell me :)