Going for gold

Back at the field, Gu Wang Yi immediately take his place within the group and Wu Ming Er smoothly take the place beside him. They were addressed by their teammates for missing out on few games as soon as they joined the group.

"You guys missed few games already. Just now we won gold for high jump"

"It is finally our vice president's turn to shine"

Said the teammates when Yin Xiu An stood. Most of the athletes are guys and they obviously adored the vice president. Not only she is pretty, her record also quite amazing. During previous tournament, she alone managed to bring back 2 medals for Liang Hua.

"Do your best !"

As the president, ofcourse Wu Ming Er should do his job and cheer on his teammates. However, Gu Wang Yi's deep stare on him was way too unbearable that he had to stop.

"You are not even cheering for me back then. Now you are cheering for someone else ah"

"Wasn't it your fault for making me mad back then ?"

Gu Wang Yi chuckled at that. If not because there are too many people, he would already do things to Wu Ming Er for being too cute.

"Now you dare to admit that you were mad at me huh ?"

Wu Ming Er rolled his eyes in annoyance at that. Seeing that his name was listed next on the name list, Wu Ming Er stand up.

"I am going now"

"Okay, don't get hurt"

Gu Wang Yi has to be separated from Wu Ming Er once again when the latter was called for a game. While waiting, Gu Wang Yi has prepared a bottle of mineral water and clean towel for Wu Ming Er. He left all the things at Wu Ming Er's bag when it was his turn to get in game. When Wu Ming Er came back and saw the things that the other has prepared for him, he immediately felt warmth in his heart.

Gu Wang Yi stand at his spot and realized that his opponent is apparently one of the guy from before. It is the guy that gave 'name' to his precious person. They are coincidently situated right beside each other. Although the other tried to mess with him again, Gu Wang Yi ignored him. After all, they are already on field, if he was caught raising his fist towards his opponent, he will be black listed by the authorities and Wu Ming Er won't be happy with him.
Moreover, he already promised Wu Ming Er that he will bring back golds for their school. He will try his best to achieve that.

The horn blared and the 5000 metres race started. This is Gu Wang Yi's first time in joining a long distance sprint. However, during the practices, he already know his own strength and ability. Even though he couldn't be considered fast compared to other long distance sprinter in their club, he is very good at enduring and maintaining his pace. Compared to others, his speed won't decreased after few laps making him fall behind. Instead, he can maintain the same speed until the last lap.

As usual, when the horn blared, most participants will sprint the first few laps. However, it is easy to get tired in the middle and very hard to reach the last lap once you spent too much energy for the first few laps.

Gu Wang Yi maintained his pace and when he reached to 7th lap, he already secured his place as the 2nd runner. It was very hard for him to overcome the participant ahead as the guy used the same tactic as him; maintaining the same pace.

Seeing that Gu Wang Yi having trouble to be the 1st runner, he walk closer to the track. Gu Wang Yi was losing his breath but when he saw Wu Ming Er's figure jogging along with him, he composed himself. At that time, the other guy already passed the 8th lap and there is quite a distance between them. He frowned knowing that he is losing.

"You think that you are able to sprint now ?"

"What ?"

"I saw that guy stumble just now. He lost focus long time ago. If you sprint now, I think you will be able to win"

Gu Wang Yi laughed softly. He himself feels like he already lost his focus long time ago. His legs are aching so much. His heart is beating way too fast. Even Wu Ming Er's face seems blurry at the moment.

"I truly don't think that I can sprint now ah"

"Don't be a kid. I saw you sprint for the last 2 laps during practices"

"But that was for 2000-3000 metres race ah. The size of our school's field was only that. 5000 metres can really kill people ah"

"If you said it like that, then the 10,000 metres sprinters for Olympic would be dead long ago"

Gu Wang Yi laughed once again. Although this is not the right time for a laugh, he still can't stop himself. Meanwhile, the distance between him and the guy infront lessen. Indeed, the other guy is gradually slowing down and Gu Wang Yi saw it as his chance.
He immediately run with all his might to the finishing line.

With Gu Wang Yi winning gold, it concluded the local tournament for that year.

*****

After that, they decided to celebrate their achievement at a restaurant near their school. Mr Lau didn't see why they can't celebrate after gaining so many medals for their school.
He himself said that it will be his treat. After all, it will be the last year for most of the athletes. They ate in content until they are stuffed and separate to their own ways after that.

As usual, Wu Ming Er went home in Gu Wang Yi's car. Despite complaining that he can't feel his legs, Gu Wang Yi refused to go home in a cab. He insist to drive Wu Ming Er home and also shamelessly insist that he should stay the night.

"Shameless. You can drive the car just fine. You should go home, then"

Smiling, Gu Wang Yi ignored the complaint and pulled Wu Ming Er in his embrace. He was truly tired but the feeling of winning gold for Wu Ming Er makes him proud and happy.
He gaze deeply in the other person eyes until soft pink appeared on the other person's ears. He softly chuckled and blow on it, making the later flinched.

"What do you want ?"

Wu Ming Er tried to look elsewhere but at that soft brown eyes that are deeply gazing on him. The soft blow on his ear was enough to scare him, make him want to break free and hide under his blanket.

"I gave you gold medals, I believe that I deserve a reward, right ?"

"Wha..."

Let alone run, Gu Wang Yi don't even let Wu Ming Er speak another word as he kissed his lips passionately.

*****
I am truly sorry for the long long long long long delay. I am truly sorry because I may or may not do it again in the future 🙏🏻