The Athlete Club

When Monday comes, the morning was filled with talks about the upcoming Sport Day. At one point, the teacher even called out Wu Ming Er's name and his past achievements. The teacher did this with hope to motivate the juniors, so Wu Ming Er couldn't do anything about it. As a result, the juniors won't stop looking at him during the assembly.
Even during lunch, he is still being the centre of attention.

"Look at that, this year juniors got no shame ah. Even following us to eat here"

As usual, Lin Ka Ye dragged them to the field for lunch. But this time, they are accompanied by a big group of juniors. The point of not eating at the canteen was to avoid the crowd and to eat in peace but seeing the group of people, they can only curse their luck.
Wu Ming Er looked around him. Since there are not many tables at the field, a few of the juniors settle down on the grass near them. He realized that their new clothes won't be as white by the time lunch ended. Seeing this, he immediately praised Lin Ka Ye and Gu Wang Yi for having such a fan.

"But they aren't here because of me"

Lin Ka Ye said then look at Gu Wang Yi, asking him if the fans are his.

"Don't know them"

Gu Wang Yi answered without much care. Wu Ming Er has seen this behaviour of his many times before. He sometimes wonder if it was the later real personality. Gu Wang Yi doesn't seems like a jerk to him anymore but to others, he doesn't even give them a blink. Except for Lin Ka Ye and him, Gu Wang Yi never tried to be nice to other people.

"Then they are your fans, Xiao Wu"

Wu Ming Er immediately paled at the idea of being chased around the school compound. Imagining what worst could happened, he shake his head eagerly.

"Fans are scary, I don't want them"

Lin Ka Ye laughed at him for being so cute. Anyway, it wasn't something that can be controlled. A single "No" can't possibly chase the fans away.

"It is fine. Just ignore them for now"

When Gu Wang Yi said that, Wu Ming Er calm down and continue his eating. Lin Ka Ye saw this exchange but he didn't say anything about it. Instead, he bring out a new topic.

"Anyway, which club are you joining, Wang Yi ?"

"I don't know yet"

Gu Wang Yi never joined a club before. Back then, when he was at the private school, it wasn't a must for students to join any club. But at any public school, every students must have their own club. This is because the curriculum marks are gained by two ways, from winning games on Sport Day and from joining Club Activities. Though there are many clubs to be joined, Gu Wang Yi wasn't interested in joining any club. He wasn't even interested in anything particular.

"Come join my club if you don't know which one to choose"

Seeing Gu Wang Yi deeply in thought, Wu Ming Er couldn't help but invite the later to his club. Moreover, the later physique is the one like an athlete. He didn't know that it was a big mistake to bring Gu Wang Yi to his club though.

"Ok then, I will join your club"

"This is so unfair. Both of you will be in the same club while I'm left alone at the basketball club. Can't I jumped to your club too, Xiao Wu"

"Don't be stupid Ka Ye. Aren't you the president ?"

(It is a normal thing to jump from club to another club, but this only applied to active members. The one who has title in the club organization can't do this unfortunately)

*****

When evening comes, every club hold a short meeting, allowing juniors to sign up to their preferable club.
Wu Ming Er is in despair. He finally realized that inviting Gu Wang Yi to his club was a bad idea.
Somehow, his fans heard the news that Gu Wang Yi will be joining the athlete club and started to sign up too. Wu Ming Er already use 2 listing papers for their names but there are still a few lining infront of him.
The limit for each club should only be 40 students but the names are reaching 90 already.
The rule to join the athlete club is simple. One only need to pass a simple test to be able to join.
Wu Ming Er don't have to do anything to shorten the list since right after he told them about the test, a few students flew away already.
Since it is an athlete club, the test will be at the field where Mr Lau is waiting. Mr Lau is the Advisor of the Athlete Club.
Gu Wang Yi also go to the field for the test and he passed it easily along with 18 others.
By the end of the test, the club has 37 members in total.
The meeting ended late in the evening.
Wu Ming Er stayed a while to finish his homework. Today, he didn't have to rush to catch the bus because he usually will go back to the main house on Monday. He only have to wait until someone fetch him up.

"The bus left. Come, I will send you home"

When the last bus left, Gu Wang Yi immediately said that he will send Wu Ming Er back home. He purposely wait just to get this chance again.

"There is no need. Someone will come and fetch me. You should just go home"

Wu Ming Er really don't get why Gu Wang Yi still didn't go home. The guy has been waiting quietly next to him while he do his work until now eventhough he already asked the later to go home.

"Who is coming to get you ?"

Gu Wang Yi frowned hearing that  someone is taking his chance away,  then he thought that he at least need to know who the person is.
Actually, Wu Ming Er didn't like talking about people of the main house. This is because he didn't exactly called them family. He still think of them as strangers that wants something from him. But with Gu Wang Yi, he really didn't want to hide anything. He will be left uncomfortable if he didn't say the truth.

"Someone from the main house will come"

Hearing that, Gu Wang Yi frowned even more. He didn't like the look on Wu Ming Er's face when he said that but he didn't think that it's a good time to interrogate either.
Thinking that the questions can wait, he let it go.

"Okay then, I will accompany you till the driver come"

*****