A True Smile

A smile. What is a smile? It's supposed to mean happiness, right? Well, me smiles doesn't.

Even if I am smiling, I'm not happy. I'm just pretending to be happy. And never in my life have I smiled a true smile. The smile that meant happiness.

I try so hard to be happy but I just can't... Those memories.. It just keeps on coming back... And I can't do anything to stop them.. My "friends" who betrayed me... My mom... Speaking of mom, I wonder if she's mad at me for leaving home? Oh, she probably wrecked the house cause she's so mad.. But seriously, I wonder what's happening at home? Why am I even thinking about her? She's not my mom, a mom is supposed to love their child, but she doesn't.

"(Y/N?" I heard a voice say, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Huh?" I looked around, finding for the source of the voice.
"You ok?" I turned around and saw Serena with a worried expression on her face. "Yeah, I'm fine, just thinking." I smiled, but as usual, it didn't mean that I was happy.

"Oh, ok then." She smiled slightly, "But are you sure?" "Yes, I'm ok." I reassured her.

---

"Wait up!" I heard Clemont say. We were running up a very tall hill and I don't even know why. Ash said he has something to show me, and it seems as though Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont know why we're going here, but I don't.

Bonnie stopped and turned around, "Clemont, Hurry up! You're so slow!" She teased while everyone sweat dropped. Soon enough, we reached the the top of the hill and I was gasping for breath. I looked up my eyes widened as I saw the view in front of me.

There were birds flying everywhere, and you can see Lumiose City from up here. What caught my eyes the most is the beautiful sunset that completes the scenery. I was so shocked that I didn't even realize I was smiling. And it wasn't a fake smile. It was a true smile. The one that meant happiness. Not the one that meant sadness, but a true smile.

"Ash.. Because of you.. My smiles finally mean happiness.."