Always

Fire speard through the whole house, making it hotter and hotter by tbe second. I forced myself to stand up despite the blinding pain on my leg. I winced as I stood up, biting my lip to prevent myself from screaming. I started to run, trying my best to ignore the pain as I scremed frantically, desperately trying to find my two best friends. "Katie! Flaire!" No response. I ran and ran, panicking slightly as I couldn't see them anywhere. "Katie!" I screamed again, attempting to remove the pieces of wood that fell down from the roof.

Suddenly, I spotted a red hair, and I could tell she was crying. My eyes widened as I realized that it was Flaire. I instantly went to her side, frantically trying to take off the wood that was on top of her chest. She whimpered in pain and tears fell down her eyes.

"(Y-y-y- Y/N..) P-please... give t-this t-t-to K-Ka-Katie.." she handed me a worn out bracelet, and I could feel tears threathening to come out. I took it slowly and put it in my pocket. "Flaire.. you have to get out of here.."

She shook her head, "P-p-please tell Katie.... Th-that I l-love h-her.." she managed to say before finally drawing her last breath as she laid unconsious. Tears fell down my face and I didn't even realize that a person was right behind me.

"Flaire.." I turned around and saw Katie standing, her cheeks drenched in tears. I looked at her sympathetically, "Katie.. I-i'm sorry.. I couldn't-"

"Liar! You killed my sister! You killed her! She never did anything to you and you killed her! You ungrateful girl!" She roared.

"No! No! I would never! Please! You don't understand..." I begged.

"NO! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! It was all your fault! I shouldn't have trusted you.." she paused before continuing. "I shouldn't have accepted you as my friend."

Those eight words struck me hard, and more tears fell down my cheeks. I felt horrible. I felt sick. I felt so worthless.

I feel so useless.

I jolted awake, sweat pouring down my face. I turned around and saw Serena sitting down on a chair beside my bed.

"What..?" I said looking around the room.

"We found you unconsious at the Lumiose City Park when we went there. We didn't know what happened. Do you remember what happened?" She asked softly.

I looked out the window, trying to rememeber about what happened earlier. Then it hit me. The park, Katie... the bracelet.

"Yes. I remember," I responded, not taking my eyes off the window. "Me and Katie were at the park eating some ice cream. Then.. she took out a bracelet.. her sister's bracelet.. who died.. because of me.." I trailed off, a single drop of tear falling down my eye.

"What.. do you mean..?" Serena asked quietly.

"Well.. let's just say that their house was burnt and.. Katie's sister, Flaire... she.." I trailed off, another salty tear falling down my eye. "Died." I finished sadly, guilt drowing me like I was at the sea.

Serena didn't respond. She was clearly shocked and horrified of what she had just heard. I turned around slowly and saw that her beautiful blue eyes were widened in horror, and it was like she was frozen in place. "I.. I don't know what to say.." was all she managed to say.

I sighed, wiping the tears that nearly dried on my face as I suddenly looked her in the eye. "(Y/N)?" She asked quietly.

"I.. I'm sorry.."

"For what?"

"For.. you know.. for betraying you.. leaving you guys.. and ended up making the worse desicion of my life," I sighed heavily. "I'm really sorry.. I know you don't want to be my friend anymore, but please-"

"What are you talking about?" I stared at her, eyes wide. "We never blamed you."

I stared at her in shock, my mouth moved, but I couldn't seem to get any words out. "Y-you never did..?" I asked as she smiled back.

"Yes. We never did," she held my hand tightly.

I looked down, "But I trusted her instead of you. I trusted the girl who betrayed me instead of my true friends. Aren't you mad?"

"No, of course not," she shook her head.

"But-"

"No. You never did anything wrong,"

"How..? I was the one who betrayed you.. I chose her over you,"

"Nonsense, (Y/N). You did absolutely not-"

"That's true! You never did anything!" A sweet voice was heard. We both turned around and saw a certain lemon-blonde haired girl, who was smiling widely alongside a certain lemon-blonde boy and a raven-haired boy, both smiling.

"Bonnie.. Clemont.. Ash.." I muttered.

"We never blamed you," Ash softly said.

"You did nothing wrong," Bonnie added.

"Yes. You didn't do anything. And.. I'm sorry for shouting at tou by the way.." Clemont said gently.

"I'm sorry too," I whispered. "And sorry too Bonnie.. for not trusting you."

"It's all right!" She grinned.

"Best friends?" I asked quietly.

They all turned to me and smiled happily,

"Always!"