To avoid scandal, have a chaperone at all times

If you have a comment on something, say it. You are entitled to your opinion. What you're not entitled to is insulting people to make you feel better. If you're a snarky person, that's fine. If you don't like someone, say so. 

But don't be a rude, insulting douchebag to strangers (if you're one of those people who calls their friends "bitch", "asshole", "dick", and "whore", that's between you and your friends).

If you're on a forum and you act like a douche (i.e. personally insulting your "opponent") to win your argument, you haven't won. You've just proved to the world that you cannot debate, are rude, inconsiderate, and narrow-minded. And that's not a great look.

Like-wise, if you ask someone for help, do not swear at them. I don't care how many people you asked for help before me. It's not my problem. What is my problem is how you act around me. If you swear at me, I'm gonna be pissed. And I can swear fluently in five languages. Do you really want to make this a cussing war? Because I will win.

On that note, if someone does something for you and you don't agree with their opinion, don't be rude.  If you can't take constructive criticism, don't ask for help. It's that simple. If you want to stay in your idyllic little bubble, that's fine. Just don't ask someone to burst it for you if you're going to beef at them. Man up boys and girls. The internet is a tough place. If you can't handle people's honest opinion without losing your shit, get off. We're all here to get better at writing, no matter how much crap is sent our way. Princesses and princes will be left at the curb. Here, we take people's advice to heart and try to improve. No matter how hard it is. 

That being said, if someone's being a douche, feel free to shut them down in a polite "your-I.Q.-rivals-that-of-a-sea-cucumber's" way.

If a critic is being mean to you for no reason, tell them "thanks" and never speak to them again.

That sort of action is fine. It's respectable and honorable. But losing your shit and becoming verbally abusive is not okay at all. No matter how they insult you. That's what the "report" button is for.

Remember that you are posting things online -- what you say today could become tomorrow's meme (and you really don't want to be known as the meme to used in conjunction with racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic,  and generally offensive comments. Or you could just become the most avoided person on Wattpad. Your call.).