No utensil should ever be heaped with food

Wattpad is an integrated community.  There are people of all races, ages, religions, and orientations on here. And it's awesome.

However, people don't seem to realize the safe haven they have found.

"I'm gay and if you don't like it, fuck you."

"I'm suicidal and I don't care what you motherfuckers say."

"I believe in God and if you don't, you're going to burn in hell."

I've seen statements like this all over Wattpad and they bother me.

Why?

Besides being freakishly annoying, I honestly don't care. As my mom would put it, "I hate when they shovel down throat." (Easy there folks, English is her third language. Be nice).

People will associate negative things with your age/race/religion/orientation if you're being actively aggressive about it. I have no issue with any characeristic of a person as long as they are a good person.

But when you're being passive-agressive when you mention a trait, it makes people angry because they feel like you're assuming shit about them.

For instance, compare the tone between;

I'm a writer -- that's what I love to do.

I'm a writer -- non-artists should rot in hell because they're all lazy and unfeeling and shit.

One of them is strictly about the person; it has nothing to do with the reader, so the reader goes "Oh, cool. This is their thing. That's sick, bro."

That second one, not so much. This is how I would react if I read this, "Cool, wait, what? What the hell? You're telling me that something I love is shit to you? Well fuck you and the horse you rode in on -- I'm going to write something angry and offensive on your wall to equally insult your defining characteristics. You wanna tell me what I can and can't believe? Bring it on, bitch."

Needless to say, I may overreact slightly. But the idea's the same. Don't try and shovel your shit (aka beliefs) down my throat.  It's currently occupied by Lindt chocolate. Mmmm. (Jealous, bro?)