Kid in love

Barry's Pov:

I got it all. I have Caitlin, my friends, family, but the only thing I'm missing from is really having Caitlin.

I need to tell her so badly but I can't.

What if she doesn't like me back, or she gets mad at me, or if she looks at me in a different way. What if it ruins our friendship?

I paced around my room not knowing what to do. I'm just a kid in love with a girl who doesn't know it. Classic love story right? The main character pawns for another person they can't have, but eventually the other person falls in love with them, then they live happily ever after 'n stuff, but no. This is the real world not some fantasy dream land where your feelings are more important than facts.

I picked up my phone and looked at the lock screen which was a photo of me and Caitlin at a bowling alley when we were 13.

I smiled slightly, but put my phone down and sat down.

I covered my face with my hands and sat there, for what seemed like hours only turned out to be 30 minutes.

I sighed and walked down stairs to the kitchen and saw my mother.
"Hey..." I said softly in a tired and slightly annoyed tone. "Hey barr, you ok?" She asked softly as she put the food that she was making, then walked over to me.

I nodded slowly and leaned against the kitchen table. "Is it Caitlin again?" She asked. I looked up at her "what?" I said in a confused and slightly nervous tone.

"Barry, it doesn't take a genius to notice that you like her. They way you look at her, they way you linger on her when she isn't paying attention, or when you get all nervous when y'all talk." She said with a smile as she sat down.

I sighed and nodded " I guess" I sighed.
She looked at me "just tell her." She said flatly. "Mom, I can't."

"Why can't you?" She asked as she tilted her head slowly.
"I just can't, I don't want to ruin our friendship. " I stayed flatly.

She slightly frowned.

"I'll tell her tonight..." I said nervously as she nodded. I walked back up to my room. I sighed and grabbed my phone.

I called Caitlin. "Hey Cait," I said with a smiled as she answered. "So I'm just calling to see if you wanna come over to my house for dinner?" I asked as my palms started sweating.

"Sure!" Said Caitlin happily through the phone. "G-great, I'll pick you up at 8." I smiled, then hung up the phone with a sigh of relief.

"At least I have 30 minutes till I have to pick her up." I muttered under my breath with a sigh. I stood back up and walked down stairs to the kitchen.

"Caitlin is coming over for dinner." I said as my mother looked up at me."Ok, are you gonna tell her then?" She asked. "Yeah, yeah I'll tell her." I sighed not knowing what else to say to that.