Holding on to you

No point of view:
. . . It was Cisco!

"C-Cisco what are you doing here? I thought you moved to Gotham!" Caitlin said, shocked with happiness.

"Well . . . I didn't like it there. It was too rainy, too dark. That batman guy, he's even darken than Oliver, and Oliver is really dark. Unlike Oliver though, he doesn't kill. And that joker guy, he gives me the creeps," chuckled Cisco, "and I missed you. I heard about what happened to Barry, and it's tough, trust me I know. When Dante died, I felt like my whole world had crumbled apart, but hey, it got better." Added Cisco with a genuine smile.

Caitlin smiled, "aww well, thanks. I missed you too," she chuckled with a smile, "now give me a hug, Francisco." She joked.

Cisco laughed and nodded, "okay, okay" he smiled as she pulled him in for a hug.

Deep down, Caitlin didn't feel happiness, she felt empty. Cisco's presence made her feel a little bit happier, but the guilt of what happened to Barry, it was unbearable.

Caitlin smiled, "well, c'mon in! It's great to see you again!"

~8 years later~
Caitlin's point of view:

I had graduated college about a year ago, maybe less. I was working at S.T.A.R Laboratories as a bio engineer.

Me and Cisco worked together, I still missed Barry, a lot. I still felt empty.
I was working, then a man walked in. He seemed familiar, but I couldn't remember where I recognized him from.

"Hello," he said with a thick Irish accent, I looked around wondering if Cisco was there. I walked out of my lab, confused.

"Umm, hello sir?" I said awkwardly, he smiled, "I'm looking for someone with the name of Barry Allen." He said flatly.

I gulped, starting to fight back tears, "oh, I'm he died . . . eight years ago . . ." I said.

"Oh no, miss he didn't,  he's very much alive." He smirked, "no, no he's not. I went to his funeral eight years ago, to this exact date." I gulped, letting a tear fall down my cheek slowly.

He laughed, "awe miss, didn't mean to break your heart." He snickered, he started walking closer to me grabbing something out of his pocket in his jacket.

I looked at him, "w-what are you doing?" I stuttered, backing up a few inches. He started walking faster, "nothing that should concern you." He smirked.

I finally got a good glimpse of what was in his hand, a knife. I gulped, "please, this must be some kind of misunderst-" I was cut of by him stabbing the knife into my stomach.

He smiled, "well, it was nice meeting ya." He said clearly with his thick Irish accent. He walked away.

I fell to the ground, coughing up blood.

I tried to scream, but nothing came out. My eyes started to close, maybe I'll just take a little nap, when I wake up everything will be okay, i thought to myself.

My eyes started to close, I tried to fight it, but I couldn't. My eyes shut and I was left in silence and darkness.

___________________________
Cisco's Point of view:

I walked into star labs happily, drinking my coffee from jitters. I had just gotten some coffee for me and caitlin.

I walked into the cortex, I saw caitlin on the ground covered in blood. I dropped the coffee's not caring if they spilled. I ran to caitlin, I started putting pressure on her injury while calling the ambulance.

Maybe if i put enough pressure on her injury it'll decrease some of the bleeding, I thought to myself.

Waiting for the ambulance to come, I tried to stay calm.

My best friend was dying. . .

When the ambulance arrived I could barely speak, Caitlin was in critical condition and could die, she had lost so much blood.

I waited in the hospital nervously.

I twiddled my thumbs, then I looked up.

I saw Barry . . .

"Barry?!" I said shocked as I stood up.

He looked at me, "what happened with Cait?" He asked tearing up.

"Where were you?! Everyone thought you were dead! You were gone for 8 years!" I yelled, I was angry at him, he didn't actually die, he faked it.

He sighed, "I didn't die. What caitlin saw at the funeral was a wax figure of me, I did actually get stabbed I have the scars to prove it. But I survived. Enough about me how's cait?"

"She's in critical condition . . . She could die . . ."