Too much to ask (pt.3)

Caits POV:

I ran to my best friend Grayson's house. I knocked on his door step as tears streamed down my face.

'Why? Why am I so stupid, I missed my chance with the guy of my dreams' I thought to myself.

Grayson answered the door, after a minute of waiting. "Cait, what's wrong?" He asked as he grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the house. "I-it's Barry." I choked out with tears running down my face.

Grayson knew I liked Barry, but he didn't know that I was full on in love. "Uh oh," he said, "what happened?" He asked as he closed the door.

Grayson had been one of my best friends since 3rd grade. We always hung out and I trusted him with my life. He knew Barry, but not that well not like how he knew Felicity, Cisco, Kara, and Laurel. When we first met it was him asking me out, but I rejected him, then we started talking and have been great friends since then. He's also in a relationship with a girl named Lydia.

"He got mad at me and told me that he was gonna confess his love for me, but I fell asleep and missed it." I said still crying.

Grayson sighed, "it will get better okay, I promise." He said with a small smile as he hugged me.

"Thank you, Gray." I said hugging him back. "No, thank you. You have always been there for me. You helped me with Lydia, with my homework, my social life even though I still don't have one." He joked at the last part. I laughed softly.

"Here, lets watch a movie!" He said trying to keep my mind off of Barry. "Okay, fine. What movie?" I asked letting go of the hug and smiling at him.

"Jaws? I really, really like sharks." He said with a quirky laugh. I laughed at him, "you're so weird." I said playfully hitting him on the shoulder. He just shrugged and smiled.

We walked into the kitchen. I sat on the couch and set up the movie, while he made popcorn.

Grayson walked over and sat down next to me. He put the popcorn down on the table and looked at me.

"Want a blanket? You look cold." He said with a soft smile. I shrugged, "yeah, I guess." I said with a smile. He got up and walked into the other room.

I sat there looking at my phone. "Why? Why Barry?" I muttered under my breath with a sigh. I looked down letting a tear fall.

'I don't know why, but I miss him' I thought.

Grayson came back in the room shortly after that. He saw my tear and his smile faded. He walked over towards me and sat down, then put the blanket over me.

"Cait, everything will get better. Maybe not right now, maybe not in a week or a year, but it eventually gets better." He said patting my shoulder.

I nodded and let another tear fall, "I don't even know why I'm crying. The last time I saw him he was being a jerk to me." I said with a sigh.

Grayson nodded and sighed. "Well...lets just watch the movie to get your mind off of it." He said.

I nodded and smiled. "Oh I almost forgot! Drinks!" He said happily and stood up.

"What do you want to drink?" He asked me from the other room. "Get me a soda, I don't care about the kind."

He nodded and grabbed a bottle of soda, then walked over towards me.

Sometime during the movie I fell asleep with only one thought in my mind.

                           Barry...