Too much to ask (pt.2)

Caitlin's Point of view:

I walked to Barry's house. After the conversation I had with him on the phone, I figured he was mad.

I walked up to his door and rang the doorbell. I waited for him to answer, nobody came. I sighed, then texted Barry.

'I'm at your house.'

He just left me on seen, then I heard footsteps from the house. I bit my lower lip, I was scared. I don't know why. He had never done anything bad to me, but I was scared.

He looked through the window and saw me. He looked serious. Very serious.

I had never seen Barry like this. He was always so happy, Jolly, he was never angry or serious. He was a big goofball, if ya ask me, but something was off with him. And I don't like it.

Barry opened the door slowly, not saying a word, but just looking at me.

I sighed, "Barry, I'm really, really, really sorry, I fell asleep while I was doing my homework. I just completely forgot, and I'm so, so, so sorry." I said with tears in my eyes.

He just looked at me, he didn't say a word. He just stared. I looked at him and let a tear roll down my cheek.

"Barry, I-" I was cut off by the door shutting in my face. I sighed and looked at the ground. "Oh, I really screwed up." I muttered to myself.

I sighed, then rang the doorbell again. He answered again.

This time he spoke, "no, no don't apologize to me, or make up some stupid excuse. I know you don't like me. Just tell me caitlin. I know that you'd rather date someone else, because I'm not good enough for you. When was the last time you even considered me your best friend?! Not in a while, huh. Well, your only a few hours late. I was so scared that something bad had happened to you, but no you just 'fell asleep'!" He said yelling.

"Barry, what's wrong? Why are you like this? I've never ever seen you like this. Please, Barry, you are my best friend! I think about you everyday. You're not annoying at all. I'm so sorry that I'm late but I was busy with homework, I rarely get any sleep anymore, that's why I feel asleep. Barry, I didn't mean to do this. I'm so sorry." I said with tears running down my face.

He looked at me, "no biggie, it's not like I was gonna confess my love for you, but apparently you can't take 20 minutes out of your life to talk to me. I love you, cait. I loved you..." he said with tears running down his cheeks as he ran off into the woods.

I stood there shocked. 'He loved me?' I thought to myself, it made no sense. He was acting weird, but confessing his love for me? No, no I must've heard something wrong. Barry doesn't like me. He just can't.