Taxi Cab

Caitlin's Pov:

~The week after~

I stood in the rain, waiting for my taxi cab to take me to Barry's funeral. I didn't feel like driving, I couldn't drive. I couldn't focus on the road I'd have mental breakdowns, or anxiety attacks.

The rain poured down, it was cold as cold as ice. My rain coat was soaking wet, I could barely feel my toes. It was a bad day to wear heels if you ask me.

The taxi cab drove up the hill slowly, my heart sank.

~Last Night~

I ran, I ran through the forest screaming, yelling for help. Barry...he was dead, I couldn't do anything about it.

I looked around and my stomach dropped, I froze in my spot. I felt like the world went into slo-motion. I fell to the ground hitting my head, very hard. I grunted, I looked over and saw a man walking over towards me with a smirk.

"Ma'am is everything...let me think....Is everything, okay?"

"No, you sick, ba-"

"Ah, ah, ah, don't say another word or else I'll slit you're throat, then you could see your beloved Barry again."

"Don't talk about him!"

"You poor thing. Can't handle the loss of a sad, stupid, idiot like him. You should be glad he's gone."

I stood up, "and you should be glad that I'm not like my Earth two doppelgänger,  killer Frost." I said as I punched him as hard as I could.

He grunted, then laughed, "nice right jab." He chuckled. "Well you're face won't looks so nice when I'm done with you!" I spat back at him.

He just chuckled, "Darling, sweetie, you can't do crap to me." He laughed.

"Try me."

"Nah, I prefer mine blond." He laughed. "No! Not in that way!" I sighed.

The mans smile faded, then he punched me hard in the stomach, he then started walking away as I rolled on the ground in pain.

"I'll be back." He said with his Irish accent as thick as ever.

~present~

I sat in the back of the cold taxi cab shivering. It didn't affect me. I still felt empty and broken. I could only dream and imagine that Barry would come back.

I had lost all hope of ever seeing him again after that day, I sighed, sniffling slightly.

"Your stop is up ahead!" Yelled the taxi cab driver from up front.

I nodded slowly, "okay, thank you." I said softly not wanting anyone to notice the tears streaming down my face.

I miss him, I miss him so much. I loved him and he didn't know till his last seconds of life. I wish it was me. I wish it was me who died instead of him. He didn't deserve it. I did, in the reason he went into those woods. I'm the reason he got lost, im the reason he got stabbed.

It's all my fault. All of this is my fault, if I hadn't been so stupid none of this would've happened. Barry would still be here, but he's not and I'm going to have to live with that pain for the rest of my life.