Nineteen

Dan woke up.

  His eyes immediately shut, as the light  outside the window shined in and hit his face. He slowly adjusted, and stared up at his ceiling, thinking.

  It was all just a dream. It had felt so real, he thought that it actually happened.

  He sighed and got up, pushing his covers aside and swinging his legs over the side of the bed. And he sat there for a minute.

  It had been quite an entertaining dream, actually. If something like that could actually happen to him in real life, it would be amazing. But no one would ever care for him like that.

  He stood up and made his way down the hallway and into the kitchen.

  His imagination was extremely vivid, he supposed. Thinking now, he couldn't even picture the exact shade of blue those eyes had been. Those eyes...

  What had been the name of his dream boy? He couldn't remember, but he knew it was very nice, at least to Dan.

  Phil. Yeah that was it, Phil.

  He'd never forget that name, no matter if the boy had been only a thought. An extremely fine thought. Dan would have given anything for that dream to be real, because reality sucked and his life sucked. And that world, his subconscious world, was just beautiful. He'd been loved, by a beautiful person, he'd had friends, actual friends. Chris and PJ, he recalled. They'd been wonderful.

  He stood at the counter, staring off into space as the cup of coffee that sat in front if him grew colder. Coffee.

  Had that coffee shop been a real place? He really didn't get out too much, he didn't know the streets of London. But he decided to find out.

                      **********

  Fifteen minutes later, Dan had gotten some clothes on and was heading out the door and into the world. It was almost 5 pm, the sky growing darker by the minute. Pulling his jacket closer around him, Dan walked, down the street and around the corner. If the shop was indeed real, then it should be just at the end if this block.

  But it wasn't a coffee shop. It was a book shop. Dan sighed in disappointment, but since he was already out here, he decided to go ahead and look around inside.

  He pushed open the door and breathed in deeply as the scent of fresh books filled his nose. It was dimly lit inside, only a few bulbs shining weakly in the gloom. It was empty except him and the guy behind the counter.

  "You need any help?" the guy asked.

  "No, I'm just looking." Dan shouted back. There were stacks of books everywhere, seeming as if they were about to topple over. Dan moved cautiously through them, trying not to trip. It was very cramped but still cozy in a way.

  He looked around for almost twenty minutes, picking up random books and flipping through them. He walked up to the counter with about five books. The guy who was working there looked up from his own book as Dan approached and smiled as he set them down.

  "That all?" he asked, and Dan nodded, reaching into his pocket for his wallet. He looked up and froze.

  Those eyes. He knew those eyes, and that hair, that face, the pale skin. That smile. Phil.

The End

                *************

a/n:
don't hate me. I'm gonna do a sequel. maybe.