chapter 4

4 years later.

I was woken up by my alarm clock. It's Wednesday morning and I have to go to work. I work at my families music company 'Music King', you know because our last name is King. My grandparents started it back when they were 20 years old and it is a big music company now. They sell Music instruments, CD's, etc. and I work there now. I help in the big company with deliveries but also in the small shop with my grandparents in London. It pays well, I even bought a house last year. It's amazing I love working there. My sister Jane is still working with my mom at her dance studio.

Life is honestly great. I'm so glad I graduated 2 years ago. School was hell! I don't know how I graduated but I did it anyways, and I'm proud of myself for that. Even tho I went to shit for 2 years I still managed to be strong.

I also haven't seen or spoken to Bradley is 4 years. I called him everyday for a month hoping he'd pick up, but he never did. Not even a text, so I just gave up trying.

We moved to London about 6 months after he left. Not because of what happened but because my parents wanted to live closer to their company and studio. My parents are still in contact with the Simpson's. They visit them every Sunday, I don't. They hurt me too much.

My therapist learned me how to leave everything that happened it the past and everyone that hurt me in the past to just leave it there.... in the past. I Don't talk about anyone about what happened. I just pretend like nothing happened. I pretend that I've never knew Bradley, Ashley or my ex-boyfriend. Bradley's fans would come up to me sometimes on the street or in the store asking if I'm Jessica 'Brad's best friend' , I just say no I never met him and walk away.

After I showered and got dressed I took my backpack and walked to my car and drove to work. Today I have to help my grandma at the store because grandpa is visiting an old friend.

"Good morning, sweetie." My grandma said as I walk into the store.

"Good morning, grandma." I replied and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

About 2 hours into work a familiar face walks into the store.

"Jessica?" She said.

"Kirstie, hey." I replied. Kirstie is James' girlfriend. They have been together even before I met James, that's how I met her. I haven't seen her in 4 years.

"How are you? It's been so long." She asked.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"Good, thanks. I didn't know you worked here. Isn't it far away from where you live?"

"No, we moved to about 3 and a half years ago. I also bought a house not far from here last year with the money I earned from working here and the big company. What about you? I mean isn't it also far from your house?"

"No, James and I bought a house here after I graduated college a few months ago."

"Oh congratulations."

"Thank you. "

"So how can I help you?" I asked wondering why she is at a music store, she doesn't play and  instrument.

"Ow right, I almost forgot. I'm here to buy a guitar. James is coming home for a few weeks to finish their third album and I wanted to surprise him." She said. I faked a smile.

"I'm sorry." Kirstie said.

"For what?" I asked confused.

"For talking about James. I know you haven't spoken in 4 years. Look he really does feel-"

"Kirstie, it's okay. It's in the past. I don't want to talk about anymore, I'm sorry." I interrupted her. "What kind of guitar are you looking for?" I asked changing the subject.

"Jessica please, I just-"

"Kirstie please, stop." And with that she stopped and told me which guitar she wanted.

"Have a nice day." I said after she paid.

"Thank you, you too. It was nice to see you, Jessica." she said.

"Thank you. Yeah you to." I said and gave her a small smile.

Well that was awkward.

"Hey, sweetie. What's wrong?" My grandma asks when she walked into the store a few minutes later.

"Nothing, why?" I asked.

"You just look a little, I don't know, sad."

"I'm fine, grams." I smiled.

"Okay, I'll be in the back if you need anything."

"Okay." I said.

"Excuse me, ma'm. Do you want to turn up the TV volume a little bit please?" A 16 year old girl asked me.

"Oh euh, sure why not." I replied. As I turned up the volume I see 4 familiar faces on screen. It's The Vamps' new song, All Night I thought it was called. It's honestly a good song.

When the song ended the same 16 year old girl and 2 of her friends walked up to me and said, "You must be proud?"

"Proud? I'm sorry what are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"I'm talking about Bradley Simpson from the band that was just on TV, you silly. We know you're Jessica and that you knew him for years. You must be proud of your best friend. He's really good... and cute." She said and she and friends giggled.

There we go again.

"I'm sorry, I never met him. I think you have mistaken me with someone else." I say polite.

"No we're not. We know it's you. Why are you denying it?" One of the girls asked.

"Look I'm not, okay. I've never met a Bradley Simpson and I also never knew one. So will you please excuse me, I have to help the woman over their. I'm very sorry, have a lovely day." I said and walked to the only woman in the store asking if she needed help. Thank god this woman was here. I was getting a little annoying.

A few minutes later I hear my phone go of. I looked around if there were any costumers. When I saw there weren't any I took my phone.  I had thousand of messages from Twitter. Ugh why did 'a friend' of school made me download the app. I opened the app to see what's going on. I opened one of the tweets that read 'Yeah that's her' to see to what tweet she had responded.

'@/BradIsBabe: Met @/TheVampsBrad ' bff @/JessicaKing today at Music King. She said she wasn't her & a few other things. What happened to them? Here's the video.' The tweet had thousands of RT's, Favorites and Comments asking me why I lied and what happened between. I wanted to comment 'You tell me, because I don't know!' but I didn't. How did they found my Twitter anyways, it's private. I just decided to ignore the tweets and turned of my phone. They can tweet as much they want Bradley is just not going to care, he hasn't in 4 years.