Chapter 9

Bradley's POV

I was in my room when I heard a knock on the door. I look at my clock to see what time it was, 6.30pm, that's weird. Who would come at this time? I walked downstairs to see who it was.

"Mom and dad are in the garden, I'm going to get them." I heard my sister say.

I looked behind the corner to see who she was talking to and it was the last person I thought it would be... It was Jessica. Why was she here?

She was looking at the pictures on the shelf. She looked at one picture and sighed. It was our picture from when we were little. It was from our first movie night. I loved that picture because it represents our friendship, at least it did. I wonder if she still remembers that day, I know I did.

I heard my parents walk in so quickly hid myself.

"Still haven't taken that picture down." My mom said.

"I'm sorry to bother you, I just wanted to talk to you." Jessica said, changing the subject.

Wait she wants to talk to them? About what?

Once they got to the couch, I got a little bit closer so that I can hear their conversation.

"I wanted to apologize about yesterday, and the past 4 years." Jessica said.

"It's okay, we-" Mom said.

"No it's not. I not only blamed Bradley but I also blamed you guys and you didn't even do anything, you were just trying to help your son. I thought you wanted me out of you life too when in reality you always tried to make it up too me and I was the one who pushed you out of mine. And I'm so sorry for that. I might still be hurt and mad at Bradley but I'm not with you guys . I really am truly sorry and I hope you can forgive me." Jessica cried.

"It's not your fault sweetie. We should've told you the truth from the beginning." Mom replied, she started to cry too.

"You didn't have to tell me anything, it was Bradley who had to tell me the truth. It's not your fault at all." Jessica replied.

I really did hurt her a lot. She's right, I was the who had to tell her the truth and didn't. I kept her away from my family, even tho I knew how much it hurt them.

I ran upstairs not wanting to hear the rest of their conversation. I closed my bedroom door behind me as quiet as possible. I laid down on my bed and a tear rolled down my face.

I wish I would've just told her the truth. Then maybe all this shit wouldn't have happened. I not only hurt my best friend but also my family. How am I going to fix this?  Can I even fix this?

"Brad, honey, dinners ready." I heard my mom yell after about 15 minutes. I wiped away my tears and walked downstairs.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" Mom asked when I took a seat at the table.

"Fine, not that hungry." I replied.

Soon after my dad and sister walked into the kitchen. It was quiet, no one said anything. I guess they knew I heard the conversation.

After dinner I went to my bedroom and fell a sleep about an hour later.

Jessica's POV

I woke up the next day, this time on my bed and not on the couch, by my alarm going off. I got out of bed and got ready for work. About an hour later I was ready and drove to work.

"Good morning, grandma." I said smiling when I walked into the store.

"Good morning sweetie. How did the conversation go with the Simpson's last night?" She asked.

"It was great! It's all good now." I replied.

"Oh finally, that's great! Was Bradley there too?"

"No, grandma. I wanted to apologize to his parents and Natalie, not him. I told you and dad this yesterday."

"Kinda wish you did tho."

"Why?" I asked confused, she never asked me to talk to him. She always said that she agreed with me, why the sudden change?

"Because, sweetie, this fight has been going on for too long. It has to end at some point. I mean you already forgave his parents, why not him too?"

What is going on?

"Grandma, we've been over this before. I wanted to know why he did what he did. I wanted him to tell me from the beginning. But he pretended like we've never even met, and then after 4 years he decided to just come back? I'm sorry grandma, but he's too late." I replied.

"You've known each other since you were babies. A friendship like that rarely happens, you can't just throw that away."

"That's not fault. He did that, not me."

"You both did."

"How did I do that, when he's the one who left? I tried, I called everyday, I texted him one hundred times trying to save our friendship, he didn't do shit. So how is it my fault too, grandma?"

"He came back and tried to talk to you, but ignored him."

"After 4 year. I had to wait 4 years for him to talk to me! He can't just expect me to talk to him and forgive him after he ignored me for 4 years." I said getting a little mad.

"I understand, but-"

"Clearly you don't!" I yelled. "Why have you all of the sudden changed your mind about all this, I thought you understood."

"Because I'm sick and tired of seeing you upset! It kills you and I hate it! I know you're still hurt by what he did but please just try and make this right, and move on."

"I'm sorry, grandma, but I can't" I said as I cried and walked out of the store.

Deep down I knew she was right, deep down I knew everyone who right who told me to move on or make things right. But they don't know how it feels. Because if they did, they would've agreed with me.
_____________________

A/N

Hope you liked it!!
Please like if you did!

Much love,
S.