Chapter 16

Jessica's POV

"Sweetie, is everything okay? You look really tired." My grandma asked me after my lunch break.

"I didn't sleep that much last night." I replied.

"How come?" She asked.

"Bradley came over last night at 2am, again, telling me he got beaten up. I cleaned his bruises and let him sleep on the couch. About an hour later he woke me up telling me he didn't feel so well, then he past out, then I took him to the hospital and called his parents. Anyways, I only had like 3 hours of sleep." I said.

"He came to your house? Again?"

"He came over about three days ago too, all drunk. He puked in a bucket and I let him stay over."

"Why did he come?"

"I don't know, grandma."

"I don't get it."

"Neither do I." I said.

"No, I get that he comes to your house. I just don't get why you helped him when not even three weeks ago you told me you were never going to forgive him."

"Grandma, not again. Look I didn't help him because I wanted to or because I'm going to forgive him. I only helped him because he left me no choice." I said.

before my grandma could reply a costumer walked into the store.

"If you really hated him, you wouldn't have helped him." She whispered and walked into the back without giving me a chance to reply. I sighed and shook my head.

A few minutes later the store's telephone went off.

"Good afternoon, with Jessica King from Music King. How can I help you?" I said.

"Euhm. Hi, It's euhm... It's Bradley."

I didn't know what to say at first, why did he call me? I swear to God, why can't he just leave me alone? I wanted to yell that but I didn't because there was a costumer.

"How can I help?" I asked.

"I just wanted to say thank you for helping me last night." He said.

I wanted to reply but the lady in the store stood in front of me, I smiled at her while doing a sign that I was going to help her in one minute.

"No problem, sir. Have a nice day, bye." I said to Bradley.

"Jessica, wait I..." He said but I hung up the phone and helped the lady.

*

I was home after work, I just finished eating dinner when the doorbell rang. I opened the door and it was Kirstie, James, Luisa and Connor.

"Hey, guys. What are you doing here, come in?" I said.

"Hi, Jess! We just came by to say hi on a Saturday night." Kirstie said laughing.

I laughed and said. "You should've called so that could actually wear something other than my pj's."

"We're sorry, we wanted to surprise you!" James said.

"You definitely surprised me!" I said. "Take a seat, do you guys want a drink?"

When everyone told me what they wanted to drink, I walked to the kitchen.

"You need some help?"I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and saw Connor.

"Yes, thank you." I replied.

"Hey, Jess, I wanted to say that I was sorry about everything that happened." He said.

"It's fine, really! I'm not mad at you, James or Tristan. It's all good, you guys don't have to apologize." I smiled.