Chapter 26

Jessica's POV;

I knew it was time for Brad and I to talk and I was ready to talk. I knew that was the reason he wanted to come here. I knew his apology was genuine, I knew all of that, It's just... I was afraid.

"Brad, I want to give you a chance to prove yourself. I know that all the sorry's you've said are genuine. But how, how do I know for sure that you won't do it again?" I asked.

"Because I love you." He said with a serious face looking right into my eyes.

I didn't know what to say. He just said he loved me.

"It's okay if you don't say it back. It's how I feel! It won't change, and it hasn't changed in four years! Please! I won't do it again!"

"The first time you left you loved me as well so how do I know for sure? All I wanted was for you to tell me the truth! I didn't care if you left, that's your job! But I wanted you to tell me! I am so scared to lose you again and I don't want that! You mean so much to me! My feeling for you hasn't changed, and won't change. But that's what's scares me, because what if you do it again? I don't want to get hurt again! I don't want you out of my life!" I said, while a tear rolled down my face.

Brad walked up to me and wiped the tear away, looking into my eyes.

"I'm not going to hurt you and don't want you out of my life either! I'm really sorry, Jessica!" He said.

"I'm sorry too!"

"Does that mean you forgive me?" He said smiling a bit.

"It does!" I said smiling.

At that moment the alarm that we set earlier went off .... Midnight.

"Happy New Year!" He said smiling.

"Happy New Year!"

We both looked into each others eyes just inches away from each other.
He started to lean in and so did I.

We kissed.

For the first time it felt right! I wasn't afraid to get hurt because all I wanted was him in my life.

We pulled away and smiled at each other.

"Twister?" I said.

"Twister it is!" Brad replied laughing.

We played games and drank wine whole night. A few kisses now and then. It was honestly the best night of my life. I wouldn't have spent New Years Eve any other way.
Eventually we both fell asleep while watching a shitty movie.

~

Bradley's POV;

I woke up on the couch with Jess sleeping in arms.
'I could get used to this' I thought.
I smiled thinking about what had happened. I was happy she finally forgave me, and that kiss, jeez, that was amazing!
Wow I just sounded like a girl.

Whatever! It's the truth!

I carefully stood up without waking up Jess. I walked to the kitchen and started making breakfast and tea.

"Eating without me?" Jess said when she walked into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up?"

"No, I was woken up by the good smell, like I said are you eating without me?"

"I would never!" I said winking at her, walking towards her and giving her breakfast.

"Good morning, beautiful." I said smiling and gave her a kiss.

"Good morning!" She said when we pulled away.

After breakfast, Jess took a shower. While she was getting dressed I took a shower as well.

*

The days flew by and before we knew it, it was time for us to go home. Neither of us wanted to go. Not that we didn't want to see our families but because we had so much fun that we didn't want it to stop.

We packed our bags and drove to the airport.

A few hours later we landed back home, and saw our parents waiting for us at the airport.

"They're alive!!" My dad yelled.

"I didn't kill him, dad! I did kill him at Twister though! Multiple times actually!" Jess said laughing.

"Hey, I let you win!"

"Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night, babe!" She said laughing.

She called me babe, right in front of our parents! We hadn't told anyone about us, and what happened. But the look on our parents faces when they heard what Jess said, was enough to know that they knew.

"Babe hu?" My dad whispered smirking as we walked to the car.

I didn't say anything, I just winked at him and walked away while laughing.

When we all arrived at my house and walked in we were surprised to see everyone. James, Kirstie, Connor, Luisa, Tristan and Ana.

"Welcome home, safe and alive!" Tris said.

"Okay for the second time, no I did not kill him!" Jess said. "And we've been gone for 5 days!"

"5 Days to long!" Kirstie said as she gave Jess a hug.

I walked towards the guys.

"So, how did it go?" James asked.

"So, how did it go?" I heard Kirstie ask Jess.

I turned around and saw Jess already looking at me.
We hadn't discussed how we were going to tell everyone. I walked towards Jess and without saying anything I kissed her.

"Finally!!" I heard everyone say at the same time.

We pulled away laughing.

"I guess it went great!" Kirstie said and everyone laughed.

After that we all sat down and talked about our New Years Eves.

"Can I talk to you outside for a second?" Jess whispered.

"Sure."

We stood up and walked towards the garden.

"Behave yourselves, kids. " Tris yelled.

I laughed at Tris before closing the door behind me. We sat on the chairs.

"What's wrong? You sounded serious, are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine, I just wanted to get you alone for a sec and say thank you for everything. And say that I, uhm, I love you!" She said.

I was shocked. Those words meant a lot to me! Not only because I loved her too but because it showed me that she 100% had forgiven me! That's all wanted!

"I love you too!!" I said and kissed her!

I finally had her back in my life and I wasn't going to get her out of it.....
_____________________________

A/N

Don't worry this isn't the last chapter!
Hope you liked it!!
Like and comment if you did❤️

Love,
S.