1. I'll Be Back

My hands shook nervously as I walked down the stairs of the airplane. I had finally made it London, but a feeling in my stomach was telling me to turn back and go right back to Liverpool.

It had been two years since the boys had last moved to London from Liverpool. Since then the rise of "Beatlemania" has grown tremendously and the boys became loved by millions.

I had gone through two years of art school and was still managing the NEMS store back at home, it wasn't always easy but I managed on my own I suppose.

The boys were currently in the middle of filming their first motion picture "A Hard Day's Night", which is the reason why I had made the trip to London.

My uncle Brian's assistant had just quit on him out of nowhere and his first thought was to call me and insist I come down to London to fill in until he could find himself a replacement. Although I was hesitant to leave school, Brian had convinced me that London was filled with opportunities for me, and if there wasn't, the art college would always be waiting back in Liverpool when I get back.

Though he said he needed me desperately until he could find another assistant, I had strong suspicion it was only an excuse to get me to come down for a visit, knowing fully he could find himself a suitable replacement in an instant.

I searched through the sea of people at the bottom of the steps, looking for Brian.

"Poppy!" I heard Brian call from the crowd. My head shot over to the direction I heard him.

My eyes lit up and I smiled as my eyes met his face, filling me with a sense of relief. I quickly pushed through the crowd and threw my arms around Brian, squeezing him tightly.

"I missed you!" I squealed happily. The last I'd seen him was Christmas, and since it was already April I had some serious Brian withdrawals. He was such a busy man these days it was hard to see him at all anymore, he was managing other groups now as well as the boys, my mind boggled at the thought of it.

"I missed you too Penelope." He spoke warmly, joy gleaming in his brown eyes.

"How is everyone, how are you?" I asked excitedly as I broke away from the hug to speak to him.

"I'm doing well," Brain laughed. "The boys are good, they're on set today, the film is going fantastic so far." He grinned proudly.

"That's great Bri!" I smiled widely.

"We better get back to set soon, they think I went out for a coffee." He laughed with the slightest bit of mischief to his words. I raised an eyebrow in astonishment.

"They didn't know I was coming?" I asked curiously, almost sounding accusatory.

He smiled guiltily.

"It'll be a surprise." He sent me a sly smile as he motioned for me to walk ahead of him. I stared at him for a moment trying to decide if he was being serious or not.

I sighed and walked to the doors of the airport to go to the baggage claim.

I had never visited the boys in London before, most of the time they'd come to visit me in Liverpool when they were already around to visit their family. Just the other week Paul had come down with Jane to visit his dad, so I had gotten the chance meet the Jane Asher. She seemed like such lovely girl, I could tell Paul was really happy with her.

"How's Cynthia and Julian?" I asked curiously as we made it to the baggage claim inside of the airport.

"They're great! Cynthia has been badgering me to get you down here, they'll be on set tomorrow I'm sure." He grinned. I smiled down at my feet.