11.Run For Your Life

"I love this song." Pattie smiled to George turning up the radio giggling as "I Saw Her Standing There" began to play.

I smiled mirthlessly watching them chat together on the other side of the room.

I cradled a wine bottle to my chest as I sat in the middle of a love seat on my own getting further and further from sobriety.

I noticed Paul coming into the living room out of the corner of my eye as I stared at Pattie with anger burning in my bloodshot eyes.

"This song was about you y'know." Paul spoke quietly as he sat down beside me.

"Y'what?" My jaw dropped as my head snapped over to Paul, in utter shock.

He looked down to his hands smiling as a slight blush spread across his cheeks.

"It was?" I became excited as I grabbed onto his hand joyfully.

He looked up at me, remaining wordless as he stared into my eyes with a small smile.

I wasn't even sure what to think, my head started to spiral with thoughts about when Paul had wrote it and preformed it at the cavern club. I must've been so oblivious then, I feel like I hadn't noticed him at all in that way.

"It's a shame I had never told you before." His smile dropped slightly.

"No, it's alright. I'm so glad I know now." I smiled widely in a childlike manner.

The lyrics became more real and sincere as I listened to it like it was written about me. I smiled to myself reminiscing on those days that seemed so far behind us. I was glad Paul had found Jane, he deserved to be loved.

I looked up to Pattie and George again and realized they were tangled in each others arms sharing a sloppy kiss as Pattie was sat on George's lap on the other couch, nearer to Paul and I than before.

I brought the wine bottle to my lips and began to tilt my head back when Paul swiped the drink from my hands swiftly, stopping me.

"How long have you had this?" Paul asked examining the bottle that was already half empty.

I shrugged smiling reaching over him to retake it. As I did so, he moved it further from me completely extending his arm as I stretched over him.

"You're cut off love." He spoke protectively sighing.

I huffed and crossed my arms giving up.

"Thank you." Ritchie interrupted coming into the room taking the wine bottle from Paul's hand that was extended outwards and started to chug it.

Paul stared blankly at Ringo, who was smiling satisfied as he went to sit on the other side of me.

"This is the good stuff." Ringo said looking at the label.

"It's the good stuff." I repeated what Richie said as I looked to Paul in agony.

Paul rolled his eyes playfully.

"They're sweet aren't they?" John asked walking up to the three of us pointing to Pattie and George still sharing a uncomfortable long make out session.

I frowned slightly as I stared at John, crestfallen. John smiled at me goofily with slight mischief in his eyes.

"Break it up! It's not that kind of party!" John exclaimed loudly looking over to them abruptly, throwing his arms in the air in annoyance.

They broke away from each other quickly, startled.

Pattie wiped the corner of her mouth as she turned away from George to look at me, sending me a smug smirk.