29. The End?

1 month later, London, England.

"Are you ready to get married?" Minnie squealed helping me with my vail as she held one of her three genetic copies of herself in her arm.

"I've been ready since I laid eyes on him." I smiled with a small chuckle hearing awes around the room from my other three brides maids, Cynthia, Jane and Maureen.

We all were told it was time to go, all the girls leaving out the doors before me to go walk down the aisle with their Beatle boys and Minnie with Rory. As my uncle saw me coming in the room to fetch me, his eyes immediately filled with tears.

"You look beautiful." He nodded pursing his lips tightly together to keep himself from crying as he looked at my simple yet elegant slim fitting wedding dress.

"You're gonna make me cry." My lower lip stuck out involuntary as I looked down to my feet to try and collect myself.

"Stop all that." He said taking both of my hands in his, placing kisses down on them repeatedly.

"Let's go get you married." He smiled causing me to giggle, the two of us leaving out of the dressing room.

I had chosen Brian over my father to walk me down the aisle, although my father was still in attendance along with his wife and two- soon to be three children. Brian has been the one who raised me so I only saw fit for him to be the one to give me away although how badly he wanted just to keep me for himself. I remember his reaction when I had told him about my engagement to George in the first place.

"Brian." I sang opening up the apartment door, George following closely behind me with large smiles illuminating both of our faces giddily.

"Yes dear?" He smiled coming around the corner with his arms open wide, wearing an apron and oven mitts on his hands having been baking something. His face immediately dropped because of the suspicious looks on our faces.

"What have the two of you done?" He put his hand on his hip knowingly, a fiery look in his eyes.

I held out my hand, moving it around so the beautiful diamond ring on my ring finger caught the light.

A horrified look crossed his face.

"You're a dead man Harrison." My uncle threw off his gloves prepared to run after George.

"I'll se you later love." George kissed my cheek quickly while his voice cracked. Hastily, he ran out of the apartment, my uncle chasing behind him like we were in some sort children's cartoon.

About after an hour of my uncle's absolute rage toward George for proposing, George and I had managed to talk him down and happiness for the subject slowly but surely began to ensue in Brian's mind.

We'd only been engaged for a short amount for time before deciding we couldn't wait any longer to get married, the two of us tying the knot before they went off for a world tour next month.

George had even bought a house for the two of us, Kinfaus, which I couldn't possibly love any more than I already did. We were set to spend the rest of our lives with one another, finally getting the peace of mind we both well deserved after all we'd been through.

I walked down the aisle, George and I never once ceasing to take an eye off one another.

He looked just as handsome in his suit that day as the first day my uncle had dressed all of them in suits back in Liverpool. I still got the same spark of emotions as I did for him as I always had, and now I would be proud to call myself Mrs. Penelope Anne Harrison.

The ceremony was all hazy to me only thinking about how excited I was to marry George, although I would always vividly remember saying our "I Do's" and sharing our first kiss as a married couple.
                          ____________

Later that evening after our reception came to and end, George and I were about to leave the building when a reporter from the BBC came up to the two of us before we could make it to the car. George and I decided to humour them, both of us in good spirits.

"Well I'd first like to say congratulations to the married couple, George, how d'you feel now being a married man?" The man standing beside George tilted the microphone to him.

"It's about the same, I've only just been married for a couple hours now, but I feel good now that I have her tied her down." George smiled widely with a laugh, holding up our intertwined hands to show off my ring.

The camera man zoomed into the ring briefly, unknowing like many others that it was his grandmother's wedding ring that he'd gotten restored, being the sweetest most thoughtful man in the world.

I smiled shaking my head as he leaned over to kiss my cheek before looking back over the the reporter.

"And I'm sure you've heard of the fans outside protesting the marriage, what do you have to say about them?" He asked, George cutting in with a shrug.

"I dunno what to say, y'know, it's a tricky thing. I'm happy for us." He he nodded with the same vague Beatle answers they were known for giving.

"What about you, Poppy, how are you feeling being married to one of the most beloved musicians in across the world?" He asked causing my head to jumble up with thoughts.

"Well, you know I don't see it that way much," I smiled at him, leaning my head on George's shoulder.

"You don't?" He asked wanting me to elaborate.

"Well, we've know each other since before all that because my uncle Brian manages their band y'know. I dunno, he's just always been my George." I wrapped my hand around his back as he did the same to me.

"Fame hasn't changed him?" He inquired with a grin.

"Oh yes, he's the worst of the lot now." I scrunched my nose teasingly.

George suddenly tickled my side making me jump and laugh.

"She's joking." He spoke sending me a jokingly dirty look.

"He's just the same as he's always been." I replied truthfully with a grin.

"Any plans for a honeymoon?" The reporter inquired.

"We not telling you on the tele." George responded with a knowing sly grin.

The reporter laughed.

"Right, well thank you George and Penelope, best wishes to you two in the future." The man nodded with a grin.

We thanked him for his kind words before walking off to the front doors where a car was waiting just outside, tons of photographers taking our photos for the papers.

As we entered the car, I smiled to myself feeling like I was prepared for anything with George by my side. In my mind, this was the happily ever after.

_____...In Book 3..._______

August 27, 1967

"Brian?" I called entering his flat with a giant grin across my face.

"Brian, you really won't believe the news, I know I'm supposed to be in Bangor for that getaway, but I don't care because I can't keep this a secret from everyone anymore-" I rambled excitedly as I stepped into his house, realizing he was nowhere to be found.

"-Brian?" I questioned beginning to walk up the steps to his bedroom..

I became slightly nervous as I put my hand on the door knob, unable to twist it open because it was locked.

Although I felt I knew I was probably frightened for nothing, I took out the bobby pin from my hair and unlocked the door, terrified of what I found.

"Brian?" I gasped seeing him laying on the ground.