17. All Together Now

George inhaled a deep breath wincing as I placed a bag of frozen peas to the bruise forming on his cheek. I grimaced apologizing and let him grab ahold of it to hold it himself while I grabbed a cloth and began to dab away the dry blood from his nose.

"I'm sorry." George apologized for the millionth time this evening.

We were sitting back at his flat, having both changed into dry clothes after I had gone up to my uncles flat and seen he hadn't returned home yet. I left a note in case He were to get home and I were still here.

"He roughed you up pretty good." I frowned ignoring his apology, knowing he knew I wasn't angry with him because of how many times I had told him.

"You should see him." George acted tough as he smiled slightly mischievously.

I rolled my eyes playfully as I got up from the dining room chair and walked over to the kitchen sink to get the blood off the cloth.

"Can you just tell me how I can make it up to you?" He asked as my back was turned to him.

"George I already told you there's nothing to make up to me, I'm not mad." I shook my head as I wet the cloth with a smile.

Him telling me he loved me was all the apology I needed.

I felt him behind me and I turned around, seeing him looking down at me with a devilish smirk.

He leaned down and kissed me, grabbing my waist and lifting me up onto the edge of the counter so I was level with him. I ran my hands through the back of his hair making him hum with a grin as we kissed.

As things became more heavy, the sudden noise of loud gasping made us pull apart from one another quickly. We jerked our heads over to the doorway to see Ringo and Maureen stopped having just walked in the flat, their eyes wide open as they stared at us.

"No." Ringo gasped in shock, a huge grin lifting his lips upwards.

Maureen screeched in joy.

"Hey, guys." George cleared his throat uncomfortably as I retracted my hands from around his head. His hair was tousled around and his lips were more pink than usual as he tried to grin, a crimson red filling his cheeks.

"What happened to your face?" Ringo asked horrifiedly referring to the bruises and cuts.

"Long story." George smiled slightly.

"So, you're, back together?" Ringo asked taking his hat off of his head looking between the two of us with curiosity.

"Erm," George looked to me.

"Um," I responded unsure of what to call what we were doing, nothing had been made official.

"They don't have to answer that." Maureen cut in to ease the sudden tension in the room.

"Right." Ringo shook his head as they came into the apartment.

I slipped off the counter clearing my throat awkwardly.

"Anyone want a drink?" George asked sounding like he needed one himself.

"A beer please, ta." Ringo nodded with a smile.