14. This Boy

"Can you believe that Brian? He broke up with Pattie just like that." I huffed sitting back into the couch after having just retold the entire story of the evening to my uncle Brian the next morning.

"Isn't that a good thing?" He asked puzzled as he tied his tie, getting ready to leave to the film studio.

"I," I shook my head unable to think of a good answer to his question.

"He seemed so happy with her." I ran my hands along the sides of my face with confusion.

"This is my fault." I groaned feeling sick to my stomach. I hated the thought that if I had kept George from being happy, even if Pattie and I didn't get along.

"It was George's decision. He's a grown man Poppy, I'm sure he knows what he's doing." Brian assured me waving me off dismissively.

"I suppose." I grumbled looking down to my hands.

"Right, lets get a move on then." Brian spoke beckoning me over to the door.

                      _________________

"Welcome back to Beatle talk here on BBC radio, today we're talking about news that has Beatlemaniacs everywhere heartbroken," The host spoke on the radio as my uncle and I drove to the film studio together.

"Pattie Boyd and George Harrison are rumoured to have split Friday after having been last seen together at John Lennon's house." He announced making me tense up and look over to my uncle wide eyed, seeing him staring at the radio with a bewildered look etched over his features.

"Yesterday George was photographed walking around London with another girl who had been seen with Paul and John the previous week-" my heart began to sink further and further down as I listened. I felt my palms begin to sweat as I tugged at the collar of my blouse, feeling suffocated suddenly.

My uncle turned off the radio and looked to the road silently, trying to process everything for a moment with a grim look.

"People are going to start asking a lot of questions about you Penelope." He informed me with a sigh as we pulled up to the studios, seeing the massive amounts of fans outside the gates.

Brian flashed his ID to the security and we made it through quickly while I began to feel anxious because of all the screaming girls.

We parked and got out hearing the loud screeches of girls from either side of us growing louder and louder. I felt extremely paranoid walking through the parking lot and kept my head down the entire way, not wanting to get possibly somehow recognized by any of them if they had seen the photographs taken of any of the boys and I or had been listening to the radio this morning.

We soon entered the building and maybe it was just my growing anxiety, but I felt as if eyes were on me as I walked through to the studio they were filming in.

As we walked in Cynthia's eyes lit up as she waved to me with her free hand, having Julian in the other.

I giggled seeing the two of them together as I split away from my uncle who was going to stand with some of the men that were watching Ringo and "Paul's grandfather" act in a scene together.

"And what's it all come to in the end?" Paul's grandfather asked with a grimace.

"Yeah, what's in it for me?" Ringo asked defensively.

"A book." He cringed.

"Yeah, a blooming book!" Ringo exclaimed throwing the book down on the table angrily.

I watched in awe, I found it so intriguing that they had all found an interest in acting, they were really enjoying themselves while filming I could tell.