26. That Means A Lot

I had said my farewells to everyone at George and Ringo's and the day we were due to leave quickly came after.

Although I was hesitant to leave Brian I knew he was in good hands, well, my grandparents hands. I hadn't confronted them about what I heard them say, and I definitely hadn't told them I'd met my father, because lord knows how well they'd react.

"A joyous merry holiday to us and a happy new beard." John shouted out rubbish as we walked through the airport to our plane that would take us to our layover in Hawaii, until we caught another plane to Tahiti.

"John shhh." Cynthia laughed hitting his chest lightly while snugly under his arm.

John grinned down at Cynthia lovingly before giving her a kiss on her cheek.

I smiled over at the two of them mesmerized by how sweet they were together.

"John's just a big softie." I whispered looking back to George who was also watching Cynthia and John.

"Or just a bit soft." George quipped out the side of his mouth quietly.

I rolled my eyes with a smile as we halted at our terminal to go and board the plane.

I looked over at George before we walked outside to the plane, seeing him staring at me unusually nervous.

"Is everything alright love?" I inquired slightly frightened about what I didn't know.

"Yeah, just a little pre-travel jitters." George shrugged it off with an assuring look.

"It'll be amazing, we'll finally have some time to ourselves." I shot him a coy smile while rubbing his arm comfortingly.

"Well that does sound quite nice." George smiled smugly.

I nodded my head with a chuckle.

"Did you bring that camera?" George asked hopefully, referring to the one the boys had bought me forever ago.

I smiled grabbing it from my bag and handed it over to him, causing his face to light up blissfully.

He put it up to his eye carefully and snapped a picture of me with a foolishly big smile, exposing his fang like canines.

I giggled and rolled my eyes at him, becoming flustered.

"Let's go Harrison." I spoke pushing him out the door as he fiddled with the camera.

We all boarded the plane with cameras flashing from all around us as reporters tried to find out where we were off too so they could follow us and get the inside scoop of our holiday.

The four of us had booked a private plane so there'd be no chance of fans or reporters harassing the boys, which was nice considering every young person in London knew exactly who George and John were.

I looked around the plane in astonishment. The lavishness wasn't even comparable to the aeroplane that had brought me to London, this looked suitable for the royal family themselves.

"You might catch flies Poppy." Cynthia teased me in the same way as John would before going to sit causing me to laugh.

I sat down across from her, George coming to sit beside me and John next to Cynthia.

"George, how much did this cost you?" I whispered to him growing anxious, staring at the expensive bottle of champagne sitting on the table in an ice bucket knowing that was probably the cheapest part of the trip.

"Don't worry about all that." George huffed nonchalantly putting his hand on mine.

On paper I knew how much the boys could all afford, but it was an absolute culture shock for me to really experience what was now usual to them. It might've been because I had actually been earning a living back in Liverpool at the NEMS store, but I couldn't help but be amazed at how different their lifestyles all seemed to have become.

"A little nicer that the tin can that took us to Hamburg ay Poppy?" John smiled sitting down next to Cynthia.

I nodded wordlessly.

John laughed shaking his head at me.

I felt George intertwine our fingers from beside me and looked at him, to see he was looking at our hands with a satisfied smile. He took a special interest in my ring finger, where the promise ring had been placed.

I tinge of red snuck up on my cheeks, causing me to have to look away before I became too bewitched by how adorable George could be.

I noticed already that John was writing in a sort of Journal, his tongue stuck out the side of his mouth while focusing.

"He's writing a new book." Cynthia whispered over to George and I grinning.

"Oh that's great, I'm sure Mimi will be thrilled." I teased causing a laugh to escape John's lips.

I smiled taking the champagne George had poured for me and took a sip.

"The day Mimi says she's proud of me will be the same day Brian brings home your new auntie." John huffed our dryly, eyes fixated on his journal.

I nearly choked on the drink, beginning to laugh at John's remark.

"John." Cynthia gasped hitting his arm as he snickered.

"No it's true, it's about as probable as John actually wearing his glasses." I stared at him as he squinted at the pages.

"Shut up or I'll thump ye'." John shouted shaking his fist and closing one eye goofily.

I laughed shaking my head at John, I could tell already this would be the beginning to a trip I'd never forget.
                        _______________

We had soon landed in Honolulu Hawaii, where all of us were greeted by a kind island girl handing out lays for everyone. We all grabbed our luggage and began to make our way inside the building, almost immediately regretting it as we did so.

Plenty of people recognized the two of the boys, coming up to ask for pictures or autographs.

We had eventually made it out of the building and to the cab that was to take us to our hotel.

"Penelope, George!" I heard a young voice call causing me to jump in fright.

A young blonde teenage American girl smiled as she ran up to the two of us, holding a magazine in her hand.

"I know how you know his name, but how d'you know mine dear?" I asked baffled in astonishment. I'm not sure I knew her personally, considering I'd never stepped inside of America before.

"You're in the magazine!" She smiled as she held out the picture of George and I kissing in the car when that reporter had snapped the candid.

I looked over at George wide eyes as he gave me an I-told-you-so look about how the picture would get spread.

"Will you sign it pretty pretty please?" She sang sweetly holding out a sharpie with a grin.

"I don't see why not." I smiled terribly nervously talking to someone who was a fan of George and the rest of the boys.

I signed my name, fully red as I stared at George and I kissing with a very unsettled feeling.

I gave the magazine to George who was chuckling at how odd I was acting.

"Y'know, you're very pretty." The girl smiled speaking out confidently as her gaze fixated on me.

"Thanks love. So are you." I smiled seeing her awed by my words.

"George, this one's a keeper." She giggled looking to him as he handed her back the magazine.

"Oh, don't I know it." He grinned with a silly wink at her.

I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling uncontrollably.

"Thank you so much!" She exclaimed before allowing us to both get in the car with John and Cynthia.

I sighed dreamily, I felt as if I were floating.