third wheeling isn't cool

» third wheeling isn't cool «

THE FIRST MONDAY OF NOVEMBER, SCOUT PAXTON FELT THE EFFECTS OF RE-WATCHING ALL THE BOXED DVDS OF LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE OVER THE WEEKEND. She had sat through all the episodes while babysitting the two little girls that lived in the apartment complex across the street. She loved the girls, who's names were Jane and Lea, and the show had definitely given her a wave of nostalgia that she adored. But she later decided that maybe she should've set some boundaries and time limits, for she was incredibly tired and beyond unprepared for the Academic Decathlon match that afternoon.

She'd gone through her regular classes with a slow pace and sleepy eyes, overwhelmed by the weight of homework and the stress of her dealings as a hero. She was surprised she hadn't collapsed yet, and her friends definitely noticed, questioning her about her drop in mood and motivation lately. She brushed it off to them as intense late night studying, and although they didn't push her about it, none of them believed her.

Sitting throughout the day deemed a much more difficult task than it normally was, her leg constantly bouncing and fingers nervously tapping against the desk. She was eager to get out of school, wanting nothing more than to go to Derek's or fight crime in the streets of New York. She felt distant even though she was stuck in the cement walls of Midtown High.

Peter approached her before Biology class started and asked her if she wanted to go on a date on Wednesday, he wanted to take her to the bowling alley that he loved attending as a kid. She told him she would love to, knowing she was working herself sick lately, and didn't want to shut Peter out during her criminal chase. The two were taking things slowly, which Scout liked. It was the only thing she could relax over in her life.

Her mood had quickly been ruined when Mr. Harrison interrupted the two, seemingly frustrated, and she received her results for her biology test she'd taken the week before. She'd scored merely a seventy on it, and her heart nearly dropped. She thought there had to be a mistake, and so she had started comparing it with her friend's tests, and although she put down the same answers as them, her score was drastically lower. When she asked Mr. Harrison about it, he just waved it off as a "try harder next time." Which she found very odd and irritating.