does whatever a spider can

» does whatever a spider can «

IF THERE WAS ONE THING SCOUT PAXTON WAS SURE OF, IT WAS THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH PETER PARKER THE FOLLOWING DAY AT SCHOOL. She would never admit it, but she paid very close attention to Peter throughout the schooldays. In every class she had with him, he either looked extremely distressed or absolutely annoyed by Ned. His best friend had been rattling off questions to Peter all day regarding his big identity reveal, including dumb inquiries on whether or not Peter could summon an army of spiders and if he laid eggs.

This had led to Peter being slightly frustrated throughout the day, just wanting to focus on his studies and keep his grades up. He had explained to Ned how he had been bitten, which resulted in his friend rambling on about how much he would love to be bitten by a radioactive spider. The pair had discussed this on their way to school, and when they had passed Delmar's, all they could do was stare at the destroyed building left over from the previous night. It was all over the news that Spider-Man had been fighting in the bank next door when the explosion happened, and everyone saw it, including Scout.

She had nearly choked on her meatloaf when the breaking news report came on the TV during dinner. The security footage from the bank had shown Peter fighting against laser-like weapons, ones that she knew had a very big chance of killing him with one wrong movie. So when lunch hour rolled around, the girl told her friends she would be right back, and then she fiercely walked over to his table. 

She slammed her lunch tray down on the table, causing Peter and Ned to jump a bit in their seats. Even Michelle, who sat with the two boys everyday, looked up from her book, a little surprised to see Scout away from her usual group. Scout kept her eyes trained on Peter as she slid into the seat across from him, grabbing her milk carton and sipping on it as she stared at him.

Peter awkwardly sat there, waiting for Scout to finish whatever game she was playing. If the girl was trying to intimidate him, it was working. He grew nervous as each second ticked by, wondering what in the world she seemed frustrated over. He shared a look with Ned, who simply shrugged, never being able to understand girls and what their intentions were.