the avengers that never were

» the avengers that never were «

IT WAS A CHILLY, SATURDAY NIGHT WHEN SCOUT PAXTON REALIZED THAT ICE CREAM IN FIFTY DEGREE WEATHER WAS A BAD IDEA. Her and Charlotte had decided to treat themselves with said dessert on their way to see Midtown's production of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream.' The two sisters had looked forward to some time by themselves, and as much as they loved the taste of the ice cream, they were quick to learn that the shivering and chattering teeth that came with it almost wasn't worth it. Almost.

But nonetheless, the girls took their time walking through the streets of New York. They'd allowed themselves plenty of time before the show started, and they eventually found a bench on the end of a street to sit on. Scout began to pester her sister with questions about the eighth grade, asking Charlotte what boys she thought were cute. Of course, the thirteen year old made no effort to respond, her cheeks simply flushing and trying to reverse the interrogation by questioning Scout about Peter.

It had been a few weeks since the night of homecoming, and slowly but surely, things had begun to go back to normal for Scout. The crime levels had died down a bit due to the arrest of Adrian, and her classmates finally stopped gossiping about the entire thing once Liz moved away. Scout had more time to focus on school and her friends and her family, and she made sure she valued each moment she had to be a normal teenager.

As for her and Peter, they had steadily fallen back into their regular routine, just as they should've. They restarted their relationship, taking things slow and not rushing their time. They made sure to communicate with each other more, and vowed to not keep any more secrets from one another. If one bad thing happened to one of them, the other was the first to know. If something seemed slightly off, both were aware of it.

The two of them knew that by rebuilding their relationship, they were not only making themselves stronger and happier, but they were accepting a whole new realm of responsibilities and trials which they would have to face standing side by side. There was no other way.